AFG vs PAK 1st ODI Match Prediction
Match: AFG vs PAK Fantasy Team Prediction
Time: 22 Aug, 03:00 PM (IST)
Series:: 1st ODI Match
Venue: M R Stadium – Hambantota, Sri Lanka
L, W, W, L, L
L, W, W, W, W
AFG vs PAK Info:
- Babar Azam showed great form in the Lanka Premier League and even scored a century. He is the best Pakistan batter and can be backed as Pakistan’s top scorer.
- Rashid Khan is a match-winner for Afghanistan and his 10 overs will be vital for the team. Back Rashid Khan as the top bowler for Afghanistan.
- The conditions are challenging and the match should be a close game. The total number of wickets in the match can be more than 15.5.
TV Channels: This game will be broadcast on Sky Sports.
Live Streaming: You can live-stream the match on Sky Go and FanCode.
Weather & Pitch Report:
It will be an overcast day with a heavy cloud cover. However, rain chances stand at only 2 per cent. The temperature will range between 32 and 26 degrees.
The pitch will help the spinners. However, if a batter is set and used to the pace and bounce, runs should not be tough to score.
The captain winning the toss is likely to bat first as chasing won’t be easy.
AFG vs PAK Team NEWS:
AFG Team News:
Afghanistan will be led by Hashmatullah Shahidi and will have all their big guns at their disposal. The team is likely to go in with a strong spin attack comprising Noor Ahmed, Mujeeb ur Rahman and the great Rashid Khan.
PAK Team News:
The series is a great opportunity for Pakistan to find the best combination for the Asia Cup and World Cup. While most of the regulars found a place in the Pakistan squad for the series, Emerging Asia Cup star Tayyab Tahir is a surprise selection. It will be interesting to see if he gets a game in the series. Naseem Shah is likely to miss the series after picking up an injury in Lanka Premier League.
2. R Gurbaz(WK)
3. Rahmat Shah
4. H Shahidi
5. Mohammad Nabi
7. A Omarzai
10. Noor Ahmad
11. Fazal Haq
2. Fakhar Zaman
3. Babar Azam(C)
5. Shadab Khan
6. Agha Salman
7. Faheem Ashraf
8. Haris Rauf
9. Shaheen Afridi
10. Mohammad Wasim
AFG vs PAK Team Combo:
AFG Team Info –
- Ibrahim Zadran and Rahmanullah Gurbaz will probably open the inning.
- Rahmat Shah will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Hashmatullah Shahidi and Mohammad Nabi will handle the middle-order batting.
- Rashid-Khan will lead the Afghanistan as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz will do the Wicket Keeping for Afghanistan.
- Rashid-Khan and Mujeeb-ur-Rahman will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Fazal Haq and Azmatullah Omarzai will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Azmatullah Omarzai was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
PAK Team Info –
- Abdullah Shafique and Fakhar Zaman will probably open the inning.
- Abdullah Shafique was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Babar Azam will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Iftikhar-Ahmed and Shadab Khan will handle the middle-order batting.
- Babar Azam will lead the Pakistan as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Shadab Khan and Iftikhar-Ahmed will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Shaheen Afridi and Haris Rauf will lead the pace attack of his team.
Pakistan will start as favourites for us. Pakistan are playing a full-strength squad and will back themselves to win. However, Afghans cannot be taken lightly. The team has a strong spin attack and they are very capable to restrict Pakistan to a low score. However, Afghanistan’s batting looks a concern and it will be tough for them to score big runs against a quality Pakistan attack. For us, Pakistan are favourites to win.
AFG vs PAK Key Players:
10 overs of Rashid Khan will be vital for Afghanistan. If Rashid has a good game, Pakistan will find themselves in big trouble. Not only Rashid is dangerous with the ball, he can add a few handy runs with the bat too.
Gurbaz will be key for Afghanistan with the bat. The batter has been going through a lean run in T20s but ODI is a different format and he will look to find form. In the last series against Bangladesh, Gurbaz was Afghanistan’s leading run scorer with 173 runs.
Mujeen Ur Rahman
Afghanistan rely a lot on their spin attack and the conditions in Sri Lanka are not easy to bat. Mujeeb and Rashid in the middle overs will decide the fate of the game.
Babar Azam will be key for Pakistan. Not much need to be said about the captain as he is arguably the best ODI player right now. Babar recently played in Lanka Premier League and went on to score over 200 runs, including a century.
Fakhar Zaman is also a vital player in the Pakistan team. Zaman was in great form against New Zealand and scored 363 runs in the five-match series at an average of 90. It will be interesting to see if Zaman can show consistency.
Afridi will be the lead pacer for Pakistan. Afridi recently played in Hundred and bowled some sensational spells. He will be key for Pakistan with the new ball.
AFG vs PAK Team Forms:
AFG Team Form:
Afghanistan last played against Bangladesh and won the series 2-1.
PAK Team Form:
Pakistan beat New Zealand 4-1 in their last ODI series at home.
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Afghanistan (AFG) Squad:
Hashmatullah Shahidi (C), Rahmanullah Gurbaz (Wk), Rahmat Shah, Rashid Khan, Mohammad Nabi, Ibrahim Zadran, Riaz Hassan, Najibullah Zadran, Ikram Alikhil, Azmatullah Omarzai, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Noor Ahmad, Abdul Rahman, Mohammad Saleem Safi, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Wafadar Momand
Pakistan (PAK) Squad:
Babar Azam (C), Mohammad Rizwan (Wk), Abdullah Shafique, Shadab Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Shaheen Afridi, Tayyab Tahir, Agha Salman, Faheem Ashraf, Iftikhar Ahmed, Mohammad Haris, Saud Shakeel, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Usama Mir, Naseem Shah, Haris Rauf
For Grand League & Our Final After Toss Updated Small League Teams, Please Download Android App from Play Store: Dwonload Nowhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=live.ipl.cricket_prediction