ENG vs AFG ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match Prediction
Match: England vs Afghanistan (ENG vs AFG)
Time: 15 Oct, 02:00 PM (IST)
Series:: ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match
Venue: Arun Jaitley Stadium – New Delhi, India
W, L, NR, W, NR
✅ ❌ ❌ ✅ ❌
L, L, L, L, L
❌ ❌ ❌ ❌ ❌
ENG vs AFG Preview:
- Dawid Malan has hit exactly 1200 ODI runs from 23 innings in the format and he hit his sixth century in the win over Bangladesh on Tuesday. He averages a remarkable 63.14 from his last seven ODIs with his overall average in this format almost identical at 63.15. The left-hander is our pick for England’s highest run scorer against Afghanistan. There was quite a bit of surprise when Reece Topley was left out of the XI for England’s opening match after he had impressed in home ODIs this summer. He took 4-43 against Bangladesh and we expect the opening bowler to be England’s top wicket taker in Match 13.
- Hashmatullah Shahidi made his 17th ODI half-century in the defeat to India but impressed many pundits and opposing players with his calmness at the crease and range of shots. His confidence levels seemed to increase as the innings progressed and the Afghanistan skipper is our tip for their highest run scorer against England. Rashid Khan was the only one of Afghanistan’s six man bowling unit to pick up a wicket against India and he finished with figures of 2-57. Some of England’s batters look a little unsure against top quality spin and we are backing Rashid to be Afghanistan’s top wicket taker in this clash.
- There are very few other ODI batters who are as consistent as Dawid Malan and we recommend choosing him to hit over 31.5 runs in this match.
Live Streaming of ENG vs AFG:
TV Channels: This game will be broadcast on Sky Cricket, Sky Sports NZ, Willow TV and Star Sports.
Live Streaming: You can live-stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Humidity is not a big issue in Delhi with the forecast for Sunday a mixture of sunshine spells and light cloud. The temperature is expected to be in the mid-low 30s across this match.
This is an excellent batting track at the Arun Jaitley Stadium, as seen by India chasing down their target of 273 with 15 overs remaining against Afghanistan. There is good pace in the wicket for the quick bowlers to exploit.
Two of the last three ODIs, including India’s win over Afghanistan earlier this week, have been won by the team fielding first at this venue. We predict that both captains will choose to field first if they win the toss ahead of this match.
ENG vs AFG Team NEWS:
ENG Team News:
After bouncing back with a convincing win over Bangladesh, we are not expecting any changes to England’s side for this game of World Cup 2023. That means that Moeen Ali will remain on the sidelines and Chris Woakes will play in spite of having an illness in recent days.
AFG Team News:
Although Afghanistan were outplayed by India in the second half of their clash on Wednesday, the team selected by coach Jonathan Trott for that match is widely acknowledged as their strongest. There are no injuries in the team ahead of this game.
2. Jonny Bairstow(WK)
3. Joe Root
4. Harry Brook
5. Jos Buttler(WK)(C)
6. Liam Livingstone
7. Sam Curran
8. Chris Woakes
9. Mark Wood
10. Reece Topley
11. Adil Rashid
2. Ibrahim Zadran
3. Rahmat Shah
4. Hashmatullah Shahidi(C)
6. Mohammad Nabi
7. Azmatullah Omarzai
11. Fazal Haq
ENG vs AFG Team Combo:
ENG Team Info –
- Ben Stokes is yet to confirm, he is not yet 100% fit to play the match.
- Dawid Malan and Jonny Bairstow will probably open the inning.
- Dawid Malan has having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Joe Root will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Jos Buttler and Harry Brook will handle the middle-order batting.
- Jos Buttler will lead England as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Jos Buttler will do the Wicketkeeping for England.
- Joe Root and Adil Rashid will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Reece Topley and Chris Woakes will lead the pace attack of his team.
AFG Team Info –
- After losing two back 2 games, Afghanistan is in much need of a comeback.
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz and Ibrahim Zadran will probably open the inning.
- Rahmat Shah will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Hashmatullah Shahidi and Najibullah-Zadran will handle the middle-order batting.
- Hashmatullah Shahidi was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Hashmatullah Shahidi will lead the Afghanistan as a Captain. He was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz will do the Wicket Keeping for Afghanistan.
- Rashid-Khan and Mohammad Nabi will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Fazal Haq and Naveen-ul-Haq will lead the pace attack of his team.
England have been convincing winners over Afghanistan in both of their previous matches in this format and we are expecting more of the same in this game. If Afghanistan can take some early wickets in this match then they will have a chance but if England are able to set a strong platform at the top of the order, like they did against Bangladesh, then it will be very tough. Our prediction is for England to come out on top again but for Afghanistan’s top order pair to cause some problems with their attacking intent. We are backing England to win on Sunday.
ENG vs AFG Key Players:
The left-handed opener came into the tournament in strong form and picked up another Player of the Match Award in the win over Bangladesh with an innings which included 21 boundaries.
The right-handed top order batter struggled for form in the home ODIs against New Zealand during September. However, he has hit 77 and 82 from his opening two fixtures in this tournament.
The right-arm fast bowler was too accurate and quick for Bangladesh’s batters in the match on Tuesday. He ended the game with figures of 1-29 from his full allocation of ten overs.
The tall left-arm opening bowler bowled England’s only maiden in the win over Bangladesh. Alongside this, he also dismissed Tanzid Hasan, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Shakib Al Hasan and Mushfiqur Rahim.
The left-handed skipper was very impressive on this pitch against a very strong Indian bowling attack in the last match and has been in good ODI form over the last month.
The 23 year old all-rounder produced an excellent rebuilding innings alongside his captain against India in Match 9. He hit four sixes in the innings, three more than any of his team-mates.
The world class spinner picked up both of Afghanistan’s wickets against India. He may well be brought into the attack earlier in this match as his dismissals of Ishan Kishan and Rohit Sharma came too late on Wednesday.
The right-arm medium fast bowler was the most economical of Afghanistan’s bowling attack in Match 9. He went wicketless in the last game but still has an ODI strike-rate of 28.8.
ENG vs AFG Team Forms:
ENG Team Form:
Although England had got off to a bad start with their loss against New Zealand, that is there only loss from their last eight ODIs.
AFG Team Form:
Afghanistan are on a losing run in this format and were completely thrashed by India in their last game at this venue on Wednesday.
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
ENG vs AFG SQUAD:
England (ENG) Squad:
Jonny Bairstow, Dawid Malan, Joe Root, Jos Buttler(w/c), Harry Brook, Liam Livingstone, Sam Curran, Chris Woakes, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood, Reece Topley, Gus Atkinson, Moeen Ali, David Willey, Ben Stokes.
Afghanistan (AFG) Squad:
Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk), Ibrahim Zadran, Rahmat Shah, Hashmatullah Shahidi (c), Mohammad Nabi, Najibullah Zadran, Azmatullah Omarzai, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Naveen-ul-Haq, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Noor Ahmad, Riaz Hassan, Abdul Rahman, Ikram Alikhil.
For Grand League & Our Final After Toss Updated Small League Teams, Please Download Android App from Play Store: Dwonload Nowhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=live.ipl.cricket_prediction