ENG vs SL ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match Prediction
Match: England vs Sri Lanka
Time: 26 Oct, 02:00 PM (IST)
Series:: ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match
Venue: M Chinnaswamy Stadium – Bengaluru, India
L, L, W, L, N
W, L, L, L, L
ENG vs SL Preview:
- Joe Root displayed frustration with himself following a challenging moment, getting caught at leg-slip due to a clearly devised strategy against Marco Jansen’s bowling this past Saturday. This was quite unexpected for a typically well-organized batsman known for his calculated shot placement. Fortunately, Root possesses a wealth of ODI runs throughout his career, with previous scores of 77 and 82 in the current tournament. Our prediction is that Root will emerge as England’s top run-scorer against Sri Lanka. Adil Rashid, who has secured six wickets in the last three matches, closely observed Adam Zampa’s remarkable performance at this venue against Pakistan. As a fellow leg-spinner, Rashid aspires to replicate Zampa’s four-wicket haul, making him our favored choice for England’s leading wicket-taker in this upcoming contest.
- Pathum Nissanka, despite having a modest highest score of 24 in his initial nine ODI innings, has since matured into a formidable Sri Lankan batter. He now maintains an impressive average of 38.09 from 44 innings in this format. In the current year alone, he has amassed 985 runs from 24 ODI innings, boasting an average of 44.77, inclusive of two centuries and eight half-centuries. We anticipate Nissanka, the 25-year-old talent, to be Sri Lanka’s top run-scorer against England. Dilshan Madushanka has consistently been Sri Lanka’s leading wicket-taker in all four of their tournament games, recently adding four more dismissals to his tally against the Netherlands. Given the inconsistent form of some English players, Madushanka appears poised to secure another substantial haul in this impending clash. He is a strong candidate for Sri Lanka’s primary wicket-taker in this match.
- England faces a pivotal moment in the tournament with their standing at risk. In this context, we anticipate Joe Root to exceed 31.5 runs on Thursday.
Live Streaming of ENG vs SL:
TV Channels: This game will be broadcast on Sky Cricket, Sky Sports PAK, Willow TV and Star Sports.
Live Streaming: You can live-stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The weather outlook predicts a consistently warm climate during the entire game, with temperatures ranging from 27 to 32 degrees Celsius. Humidity is not a cause for concern, as it is anticipated to remain below 40%.
The pitch here is favorable for batting, featuring a fast surface and a remarkably swift outfield. Additionally, the M.Chinnaswamy Stadium is expected to offer bounce and spin for the spin bowlers.
Australia took the initiative to bat first at this location just last week and eventually secured a 62-run victory. As a result, it is our anticipation that both teams will have a strong preference for batting first in this upcoming match.
ENG vs SL Team NEWS:
ENG Team News:
Prior to their Saturday match against South Africa, England made three alterations to their XI. Ben Stokes, declared fit, rejoined the team, while David Willey and Gus Atkinson were included. This came at the expense of Sam Curran, Liam Livingstone, and Chris Woakes, who were omitted. Furthermore, Reece Topley has been sidelined for the remainder of the tournament.
SL Team News:
Sri Lanka’s current coach, Chris Silverwood, formerly with the England team, possesses valuable firsthand insights into numerous opposing players. In a strategic move, they have enlisted the services of the seasoned middle-order batsman, Angelo Mathews, to step in for the young pace bowler, Matheesa Pathirana, who had to exit the tournament due to injury.
1. Dawid Malan
2. J Bairstow(WK)
3. Joe Root
4. Ben Stokes
5. Harry Brook
6. Jos Buttler(WK)(C)
7. David Willey
8. Adil Rashid
9. Gus Atkinson
10. Mark Wood
11. Brydon Carse
2. Kusal Perera
3. Kusal Mendis(WK)(C)
4. S Samarawickrama(WK)
5. Charith Asalanka
6. Dhananjaya de Silva
7. Dushan Hemantha
8. Chamika Karunaratne
9. Maheesh Theekshana
10. Kasun Rajitha
11. Dilshan Madushanka
ENG vs SL Team Combo:
ENG Team Info –
- Dawid Malan and Jonny Bairstow will probably open the inning.
- Joe Root will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Joe Root is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Ben Stokes and Harry Brook will handle the middle-order batting.
- Jos Buttler will lead the England as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Jonny Bairstow will do the Wicket Keeping for England.
- Joe Root and Adil Rashid will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Joe Root is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Mark Wood and Gus Atkinson will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Gus Atkinson was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
SL Team Info –
- Pathum Nissanka and Kusal Perera will probably open the inning.
- Kusal Mendis will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Sadeera Samarawickrama and Charith Asalanka will handle the middle-order batting.
- Kusal Mendis will lead the Sri Lanka as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Sadeera Samarawickrama will do the Wicket Keeping for Sri Lanka.
- Dhananjaya de Silva and Maheesh Theekshana will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Dilshan Madushanka and Kasun Rajitha will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Dilshan Madushanka is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
Both of these teams have found their performance in the opening four games deeply disappointing. However, given the format of the Cricket World Cup, there remains a promising opportunity for them to secure a spot in the top four, contingent on their ability to embark on a winning streak. Sri Lanka has grappled with a slew of injuries, leading to fielding a relatively inexperienced side. In contrast, England has players who, according to some pundits, may be considered older, but their lineup boasts a wealth of quality. Our forecast is that England will have the requisite strength to emerge victorious in this contest.
ENG vs SL Key Players:
Given the lack of confidence in England’s batting lineup, there will be substantial pressure on the former Test captain to deliver a quietly impressive high score to reassure the rest of the team.
In their significant defeat last Saturday, the youthful right-handed batter emerged as the top run-scorer among England’s top eight. He is determined to seize the initiative against Sri Lanka’s bowlers, be they pacers or spinners.
the leg-spinner produced an impressive display against South Africa in spite of struggling with illness during the humid conditions. He dismissed Rassie van der Dussen and Reeza Hendricks.
Although the right-arm pace bowler couldn’t contain Marco Jansen and Heinrich Klaasen last Saturday, we anticipate a much-improved performance from him in this match, expecting significantly better figures than his previous outing of 0-76 from 7 overs against South Africa.
The opening batsman enters this game with the aim of achieving his fourth consecutive half-century in the tournament. In the previous game (Match 19), he stood out as the sole player among Sri Lanka’s top six with a strike rate exceeding 100.
The 28-year-old right-handed batsman is swiftly solidifying his position as Sri Lanka’s pivotal middle-order batsman. In the victory over the Netherlands, he showcased his prowess by striking seven boundaries and remained unbeaten with a score of 91 not out.
The left-arm fast bowler has been a rare bright spot for Sri Lanka in the tournament. As of the match scheduled for Wednesday, he was second in the list of top wicket-takers in the Cricket World Cup 2023, with only one player having taken more wickets.
The right-arm medium-fast bowler made a strong comeback to the team, delivering a remarkable performance with his career-best ODI bowling figures of 4-50. He will undoubtedly be optimistic about his prospects when facing an England batting lineup currently grappling with a lack of confidence.
ENG vs SL Team Forms:
ENG Team Form:
England’s struggles in this format persisted in the match against South Africa, resulting in their enduring the largest margin of defeat among all teams in the tournament.
SL Team Form:
Sri Lanka had suffered four consecutive ODI defeats before they managed to outperform the Netherlands in Match 19, securing victory with 10 balls to spare.
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
ENG vs SL SQUAD:
England (ENG) Squad:
Dawid Malan, Jonny Bairstow(WK), Joe Root, Ben Stokes, Harry Brook, Jos Buttler(WK)(C), David Willey, Adil Rashid, Gus Atkinson, Mark Wood, Brydon Carse, Moeen Ali, Liam Livingstone, Sam Curran, Chris Woakes, Reece Topley.
Sri Lanka (SL) Squad:
Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Perera, Kusal Mendis(WK)(C), Sadeera Samarawickrama(WK), Charith Asalanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Dushan Hemantha, Chamika Karunaratne, Maheesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha, Dilshan Madushanka, Dimuth Karunaratne, Angelo Mathews, Dasun Shanaka, Dunith Wellalage, Lahiru Kumara, Dushmantha Chameera, Matheesha Pathirana
For Grand League & Our Final After Toss Updated Small League Teams, Please Download Android App from Play Store: Dwonload Nowhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=live.ipl.cricket_prediction