IND vs NZ ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup 1st Semi-Final Match Prediction
Match: India vs New Zealand
Time: 15 Nov, 02:00 PM (IST)
Series:: ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match
Venue: Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, India
W, W W, W, W
W, L L, L, L
IND vs NZ Preview:
- Virat Kohli has displayed remarkable form in the 2023 Cricket World Cup, boasting two centuries, five half-centuries, and an impressive average of 99.00 from his nine innings. Our suggestion is to support him as India’s leading run-scorer against New Zealand. Jasprit Bumrah has proven to be a formidable force with a competition strike-rate of 25.70, securing wickets at an average of 15.64. With a career tally of 146 ODI wickets, he stands as our top pick for India’s leading wicket-taker in the semi-finals.
- Rachin Ravindra stands out among the competition’s top run-scorers, having accumulated over 550 runs. The 23-year-old showcased his attacking prowess by scoring 75 runs from 87 balls in the previous game against India. Our choice for New Zealand’s highest run-scorer in this match is Rachin Ravindra. Trent Boult, having dismissed Shreyas Iyer in the last encounter and delivering an impressive 3/37 against Sri Lanka in Match 41, emerges as a robust candidate for New Zealand’s top wicket-taker against India.
- Virat Kohli’s exceptional batting form is complemented by his recent bowling success, having picked up a wicket in the previous match. We recommend selecting him to surpass 31.5 runs in this upcoming fixture.
Live Streaming of IND vs NZ:
TV Channels: This game will be broadcast on Sky Cricket, Sky Sports PAK, Willow TV and Star Sports.
Live Streaming: You can live-stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Clear skies are forecast from start to finish during this semi-final in Mumbai. The temperature will be in the mid-low 30s at the start of the match but will drop no lower than 29 degrees by the end.
There will not be a huge amount of turn for the spinners at the Wankhede Stadium. Pace bowlers will get assistance from the pitch and a par score will be no higher than 310.
Although Australia beat Afghanistan in the last game in Mumbai, the previous three matches at this venue during this tournament were won by large margins by the teams batting first. We predict that both sides will choose to bat first if they win the toss ahead of this game.
IND vs NZ Team NEWS:
IND Team News:
Rohit Sharma confirmed that the playing XI remains unchanged for India’s final group stage match against the Netherlands. As no new injuries were reported from Sunday’s game, it is anticipated that the identical team will be chosen for the upcoming semi-final clash against New Zealand.
NZ Team News:
A single alteration was observed in the New Zealand lineup before their last group stage match, as pace bowler Lockie Ferguson returned to the team in place of spinner Ish Sodhi. No additional players are anticipated to make a return from injury for this upcoming encounter.
2. Shubman Gill
3. Virat Kohli
4. Shreyas Iyer
5. Lokesh Rahul(WK)
6. Suryakumar Yadav
7. Ravindra Jadeja
8. Mohammed Shami
9. Jasprit Bumrah
10. Kuldeep Yadav
11. Mohammed Siraj
2. Rachin Ravindra
3. Kane Williamson(C)
5. Mark Chapman
6. Glenn Phillips
7. Tom Latham(WK)
8. Mitchell Santner
9. Tim Southee
10. Trent Boult
11. Lockie Ferguson
IND vs NZ Team Combo:
IND Team Info –
- Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill will probably open the inning.
- Virat Kohli will bat at the one-down position.
- Virat Kohli is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Shreyas Iyer and Lokesh Rahul will handle the middle-order batting.
- Shreyas Iyer was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Rohit Sharma will lead the India as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Lokesh Rahul will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- Ravindra Jadeja and Kuldeep Yadav will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami will lead the pace attack of his team.
NZ Team Info –
- Devon Conway and Rachin Ravindra will probably open the inning.
- Rachin Ravindra is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Kane Williamson will bat at the one-down position.
- Daryl-Mitchell and Mark Chapman will handle the middle-order batting.
- Kane Williamson will lead the New Zealand as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Tom Latham will do the Wicket Keeping for New Zealand.
- Rachin Ravindra and Mitchell Santner will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Rachin Ravindra is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Trent Boult and Lockie Ferguson will lead the pace attack of his team.
Following 45 group stage matches, the 2023 Cricket World Cup transitions to the knockout phase with just three matches remaining. New Zealand, having secured a spot in the semi-finals, boasts a history of reaching the last four in Cricket World Cups and clinching the last two titles. However, they face a formidable opponent in this encounter — the top-performing team of the tournament, India. India has showcased impressive performances with both bat and ball, leading us to predict their victory against New Zealand at the Wankhede Stadium on Wednesday.
IND vs NZ Key Players:
Once again, the captain demonstrated excellent form in the victory against the Netherlands, striking eight fours and two sixes. His tournament average stands at 55.88 from six innings.
As we approach the semi-finals, the right-handed batsman at the number three position holds the top position as the leading run-scorer in the Cricket World Cup 2023. He added another half-century to his tally in the Sunday victory.
The 29-year-old fast bowler took down two batsmen by bowling them out in the victorious Match 45. He has consistently delivered strong performances throughout this competition.
In the recent match against New Zealand, the all-rounder did not take any wickets, but he played a crucial role in securing victory by scoring an unbeaten 39 from 44 balls. His performance in the last two matches has yielded a total of 7 wickets.
The emerging left-handed batting all-rounder has displayed exceptional prowess in recent weeks, entering the semi-final with an impressive batting average of 70.62 and a striking strike-rate of 108.44 in this competition.
The 32-year-old middle-order batsman achieved his fifth score of 40 or more in the 2023 Cricket World Cup during the recent game, smashing an impressive 130 runs from 127 balls in the previous match with India.
The primary swing bowler in the opening position earned the Player of the Match Award on Thursday for dismissing Kusal Mendis, Sadeera Samarawickrama, and Charith Asalanka, in addition to delivering three maidens.
The all-rounder, specializing in left-arm spin, regained form in the victory against Sri Lanka, securing figures of 2/22. This performance brings his total wickets in the tournament to 16.
IND vs NZ Team Forms:
IND Team Form:
India maintained a perfect record throughout the group stage at this tournament by defeating the Netherlands with a convincing 160-run margin in Bengaluru on Sunday.
NZ Team Form:
Before securing a 5-wicket win with 160 balls remaining in Bengaluru on Thursday, New Zealand had experienced a four-game losing streak.
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
IND vs NZ SQUAD:
India (IND) Squad:
Rohit Sharma(C), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Lokesh Rahul(WK), Suryakumar Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami, Jasprit Bumrah, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, Ishan Kishan(WK), Ravichandran Ashwin, Shardul Thakur, Prasidh Krishna.
New Zealand (NZ) Squad:
Devon Conway(WK), Rachin Ravindra, Kane Williamson(C), Daryl-Mitchell, Mark Chapman, Glenn Phillips, Tom Latham(WK), Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Trent Boult, Lockie Ferguson, Tom Blundell(WK), Kyle Jamieson, Will Young, Jimmy Neesham, Ish Sodhi
For Grand League & Our Final After Toss Updated Small League Teams, Please Download Android App from Play Store: Dwonload Nowhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=live.ipl.cricket_prediction