PAK vs SL ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match Prediction
Match: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka (PAK vs SL)
Time: 10 Oct, 02:00 PM (IST)
Series:: ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match
Venue: Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, Hyderabad, India
W, L, L, W, N
L, L, W, L, W
PAK vs SL Preview:
- Babar Azam has been Pakistan’s most consistent batter across all formats for over half a decade now and in ODI cricket he brings an average of 57.59 to this match. The right-handed captain will bat at number three and look to add to his returns of 19 centuries in ODIs so far. He is our tip for Pakistan’s highest run scorer in this game. Shaheen Shah Afridi is very hard to face with his height, left-arm angle and ability to land his swinging yorkers exactly where he wants them! With 87 wickets from only 44 ODI innings, we recommend backing him to be Pakistan’s top wicket taker against Sri Lanka.
- Kusal Mendis hit 76 runs from 42 balls against South Africa on Saturday in a brilliant counter-attacking innings as Sri Lanka chased an unlikely 429 from 50 overs. Although Mendis was eventually dismissed by Kagiso Rabada, he showed plenty of intent and ability. He is our pick for Sri Lanka’s highest run scorer against Pakistan. Dunith Wellalage went wicketless in only one match during the 2023 Asia Cup and starred with 5-26 against India. The left-arm spinner is a strong choice for Sri Lanka’s top wicket taker on Tuesday.
- The skipper for Pakistan very rarely makes back to back poor scores. As a result, we are predicting Babar Azam to hit over 31.5 runs in this clash.
Live Streaming of PAK vs SL:
TV Channels: This game will be broadcast on Sky Cricket, Sky Sports NZ, Willow TV and Star Sports.
Live Streaming: You can live-stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The weather forecast is for consistent slight cloud throughout Tuesday afternoon in Hyderabad. The temperature will be around 30 degrees from start to finish.
The pitch at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad offers an excellent contest between bat and ball. Any score of 300+ will be competitive on this surface.
Although Pakistan got the win after being asked to bat first on Friday, we predict that both skippers will choose to field first if they win the toss ahead of this match.
PAK vs SL Team NEWS:
PAK Team News:
Left-handed opener Fakhar Zaman has come under plenty of pressure at the top of the order in spite of averaging 44.98 in this format from 78 innings. He made only 12 runs from 15 balls against Netherlands and most pundits expect Abdullah Shafique to replace him at the top of the order for this match.
SL Team News:
There are no injuries in the Sri Lanka squad ahead of this match but morale in the camp could well be an issue after their recent heavy defeats. The top order batting is a bit of a concern for Chris Silverwood’s side but we expect an unchanged XI to be selected.
2. Imam-ul Haq
3. Babar Azam(C)
4. M Rizwan(WK)
5. Saud Shakeel
7. Mohammad Nawaz
8. Shadab Khan
9. Hasan Ali
10. Haris Rauf
11. Shaheen Afridi
2. Kusal Perera(WK)
3. Kusal Mendis(WK)
4. S Samarawickrama
5. Charith Asalanka
6. Dhananjaya de Silva
7. Dasun Shanaka(C)
8. Dunith Wellalage
9. Kasun Rajitha
10. Matheesha Pathirana
11. Dilshan Madushanka
PAK Team Info –
- Fakhar Zaman and Imam-ul Haq will probably open the inning.
- Babar Azam will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Mohammad Rizwan and Saud Shakeel will handle the middle-order batting.
- Babar Azam will lead the Pakistan as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Mohammad Rizwan will do the Wicket Keeping for Pakistan.
- Mohammad Nawaz and Shadab Khan will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Haris Rauf and Hasan Ali will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Haris Rauf is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
SL Team Info –
- Pathum Nissanka and Kusal Perera will probably open the inning.
- Kusal Mendis will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Kusal Mendis is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Sadeera Samarawickrama and Charith Asalanka will handle the middle-order batting.
- Dasun Shanaka will lead the Sri Lanka as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Kusal Perera will do the Wicket Keeping for Sri Lanka.
- Dhananjaya de Silva and Dunith Wellalage will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Kasun Rajitha and Dilshan Madushanka will lead the pace attack of his team.
It was a brilliant clash between these two teams when they last met in the Super Fours section of the 2023 Asia Cup and we expect a competitive game once more in this match. Sri Lanka’s bowlers are low on confidence and could struggle again against the experienced batting unit of Pakistan. We are predicting Pakistan to win the big moments of this fixture and to produce more than enough runs with the bat. Sri Lanka have talent but we are backing Pakistan to win this game.
PAK vs SL Key Players:
It was a disappointing individual performance from Pakistan’s skipper against Netherlands as he made 5 runs from 18 balls. However, he has been in excellent form in the warm-ups and we expect him to deliver.
The keeper-batter had a reputation as more of a T20I batter than ODI but his returns in this format have been much improved of late including 68 runs against Netherlands.
Shaheen Shah Afridi
The left-arm opening quick bowler is one of the best players to watch when he is on top form. He dismissed Saqib Zulfiqar with the first ball after drinks on Friday and bowled with good pace.
The right-arm fast bowler continues to be a big threat with the ball at any stage of an ODI innings. He picked up 2 wickets in the 27th over in Match 2 of the tournament.
The keeper-batter is one of the most in-form batters across any of the teams in this year’s Cricket World Cup. He comes into this match looking to hit his 29th ODI score of 50+.
The batting all-rounder has an excellent ODI record with 1351 runs from only 37 innings and top scored for his country in the defeat against South Africa on Saturday.
The skipper went wicketless against South Africa but showed his class with the bat in hand hitting six fours and three sixes against a strong bowling attack.
The left arm spinner has some expectation to perform in this tournament after impressing in the 2023 Asia Cup. He was expensive on Saturday but still picked up the wicket of Rassie van der Dussen.
PAK vs SL Team Forms:
PAK Team Form:
Pakistan had lost successive ODIs before their opening game of World Cup 2023 but the win over Netherlands means they have now won two of their last four matches in this format.
SL Team Form:
Sri Lanka had been in brilliant ODI form until one month ago but they have now been thrashed in successive games and have lost three of their last four in this format.
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
PAK vs SL SQUAD:
Pakistan (PAK) Squad:
Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul Haq, Babar Azam(C), Mohammad Rizwan(WK), Saud Shakeel, Iftikhar-Ahmed, Mohammad Nawaz, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali, Haris Rauf, Shaheen Afridi, Abdullah Shafique, Mohammad Haris(WK), Mohammad Wasim, Agha Salman, Abrar Ahmed, Usama Mir, Zaman- Khan.
Sri Lanka (SL) Squad:
Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Perera(WK), Kusal Mendis(WK), Sadeera Samarawickrama, Charith Asalanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Dasun Shanaka(C), Dunith Wellalage, Kasun Rajitha, Matheesha Pathirana, Dilshan Madushanka, Dimuth Karunaratne, Chamika Karunaratne, Dushan Hemantha, Lahiru Kumara, Maheesh Theekshana.
For Grand League & Our Final After Toss Updated Small League Teams, Please Download Android App from Play Store: Dwonload Nowhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=live.ipl.cricket_prediction