SA vs AFG ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match Prediction
Match: South Africa vs Afghanistan
Time: 10 Nov, 02:00 PM (IST)
Series:: ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match
Venue: Narendra Modi Stadium – Ahmedabad, India
L, W, W, W, W
L, W W, W, L
SA vs AFG Preview:
- Quinton de Kock has already hit four centuries in this tournament and the 30 year old averages 46.06 from 153 innings in this format. At the top of the order he will attack from ball one in this innings and we are backing him to be South Africa’s highest run scorer in this game. Marco Jansen has taken 17 wickets in the competition with only one pace bowler picking up more dismissals so far. The young left-arm pacer is our pick for South Africa’s top wicket taker in this match.
- Ibrahim Zadran averages 53.00 from 27 ODI innings and has gone past fifty in ten of those. He does not throw his wicket away and has formed an impressive partnership with Rahmanullah Gurbaz at the top of the order. Zadran is our tip for Afghanistan’s top wicket taker in this game. With a place in the semi-finals on the table, we expect Rashid Khan to be on top form. The leg-spinner is always played with respect by opposition batters but the South Africans will look to attack him. Rashid is a strong choice for Afghanistan’s top wicket taker against South Africa.
- Although he took only 1 wicket in the last game, the first time he has not taken at least 2 wickets in an innings during this competition, we recommend selecting Marco Jansen to take over 1.5 wickets in this clash.
Live Streaming of SA vs AFG:
TV Channels: This game will be broadcast on Sky Cricket, Sky Sports PAK, Willow TV and Star Sports.
Live Streaming: You can live-stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Humidity will not be an issue in this fixture as the level will not go above 30% across both innings. The temperature will be above 30 degrees with no threat of rain.
The pitch offers quite a bit of assistance to the bowlers at the Narendra Modi Stadium as there is not a huge amount of pace in the wicket. A score of 300+ in the first innings should be enough to win the match.
The team batting second has won two of the three matches at this venue in this tournament so we predict that both skippers will choose to field first if they win the toss ahead of this game.
SA vs AFG Team NEWS:
SA Team News:
There was one change for South Africa before their match against India and we have seen very few alterations to the team irrespective of their results over the last couple of months. Gerard Coetzee will be pushing for a recall but on a slowish pitch we expect Tabraiz Shamsi to retain his place in the XI.
AFG Team News:
Although Fazalhaq Farooqi missed out in selection for the game with Australia on Tuesday, we expect him to come back in ahead of this match for Mujeeb Ur Rahman who conceded 72 runs from 8.5 overs and dropped Glenn Maxwell early in his innings.
1. Q de Kock (wk)
2. Temba Bavuma (c)
3. R van der Dussen
4. Aiden Markram
5. H Klaasen (wk)
6. David Miller
7. Marco Jansen
8. Keshav Maharaj
9. Tabraiz Shamsi
10. Lungi Ngidi
11. Kagiso Rabada
1. R Gurbaz (wk)
2. Ibrahim Zadran
3. Rahmat Shah
4. H Shahidi (c)
5. A Omarzai
6. Mohammad Nabi
7. Rashid Khan
8. Ikram Alikhil (wk)
10. Noor Ahmad
SA vs AFG Team Combo:
SA Team Info –
- Quinton de Kock and Temba Bavuma will probably open the inning.
- Quinton de Kock is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Rassie van der-Dussen will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Aiden Markram and Heinrich Klaasen will handle the middle-order batting.
- Temba Bavuma will lead the South Africa as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Heinrich Klaasen will do the Wicket Keeping for South Africa.
- Aiden Markram and Keshav Maharaj will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Keshav Maharaj was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Kagiso Rabada and Lungi Ngidi will lead the pace attack of his team.
AFG Team Info –
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz and Ibrahim Zadran will probably open the inning.
- Ibrahim Zadran was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Rahmat Shah will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Hashmatullah Shahidi and Azmatullah Omarzai will handle the middle-order batting.
- Azmatullah Omarzai is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Hashmatullah Shahidi will lead the Afghanistan as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Ikram Alikhil will do the Wicket Keeping for Afghanistan.
- Rashid-Khan and Mujeeb-ur-Rahman will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Naveen-ul-Haq will lead the pace attack of his team.
Neither team will want to be reminded of their last games but both have played some excellent cricket in this tournament and will be very keen to respond with a victory. Afghanistan have shown an ability to take on the bigger nations in this campaign and, in spite of the nature of their defeat to Australia, we do not expect that approach to change in this game. However, South Africa have a team packed with match-winners and we expect them to be too strong for Afghanistan and to win this match.
SA vs AFG Key Players:
Quinton de Kock
The left-handed keeper-batter remains the leading run scorer in the Cricket World Cup 2023 with 550 runs at an average of 68.75.
The powerful right-hander has had an exceptional 12 months in domestic and international cricket and is particularly strong against spin bowlers.
The left-arm pace bowling all-rounder was targeted by India’s openers in the last match but he still came back with tighter bowling and picked up the wicket of KL Rahul.
The left arm spinner picked up the big wicket of Shubman Gill and produced excellent figures of 1/30 in spite of the big loss against India.
The 21 year old right-handed opener had been criticised for not producing runs against the stronger teams but he hit 87 against Pakistan and struck 11 boundaries against Australia.
The number three batter missed out on his fourth successive half-century when he was dismissed for 30 runs from 44 balls in the last match.
The leg-spinner picked up the wickets of Marcus Stoinis and Mitchell Starc on Tuesday to take his tally up to 9 wickets during the tournament. He also hit an impressive 35 not out from 18 balls with the bat.
The right-arm pace bowler bowls fast and gets late swing. With the new ball he dismissed the dangerous Mitchell Marsh and Travis Head in Match 39.
SA vs AFG Team Forms:
SA Team Form:
South Africa’s winning streak of four matches was ended with their heavy defeat against India at Eden Gardens in Match 37.
AFG Team Form:
After three successive wins, Afghanistan looked very well set to make it four in a row before Glenn Maxwell carried Australia over the line.
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
SA vs AFG SQUAD:
South Africa (SA) Squad:
Quinton de Kock (wk), Temba Bavuma (c), Rassie van der Dussen, Aiden Markram, Heinrich Klaasen, David Miller, Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj, Tabraiz Shamsi, Kagiso Rabada, Lungi Ngidi, Andile Phehlukwayo, Reeza Hendricks, Lizaad Williams, Gerald Coetzee.
Afghanistan (AFG) Squad:
Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Ibrahim Zadran, Rahmat Shah, Hashmatullah Shahidi (c), Azmatullah Omarzai, Mohammad Nabi, Ikram Alikhil (wk), Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Noor Ahmad, Naveen-ul-Haq, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Najibullah Zadran, Abdul Rahman, Riaz Hassan
For Grand League & Our Final After Toss Updated Small League Teams, Please Download Android App from Play Store: Dwonload Nowhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=live.ipl.cricket_prediction