BAN vs SL ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match Prediction
Match: Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka
Time: 06 Nov, 02:00 PM (IST)
Series:: ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match
Venue: Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi, India
L, L, L, L, L
L, L, W, W, L
BAN vs SL Preview:
- Mahmudullah hit six fours and a six in the last match and the vastly experienced right-hander has batted 197 times in ODI cricket. With four centuries and 28 half-centuries in this format, he is our pick for Bangladesh’s highest run scorer against Sri Lanka. Mehidy Hasan Miraz took 3-60 against Pakistan and now has over 100 wickets across his ODI career. The spinner is well worth backing as Bangladesh’s top wicket taker in this fixture.
- Pathum Nissanka has been the standout performer at the top of the order for Sri Lanka in this 2023 Cricket World Cup. Although he got a duck in Delhi last time, he has since hit four half-centuries and made 46. Nissanka is our tip for Sri Lanka’s highest run scorer against Bangladesh. Dilshan Madushanka has taken 18 wickets in the tournament and took a 5-wicket haul against a very strong India on Thursday. He is a strong choice for Sri Lanka’s top wicket taker in this game.
- Very few bowlers have been as threatening as Dilshan Madushanka in this campaign and the left-arm pacer is worth choosing to take over 1.5 wickets in this match.
TV Channels: This game will be broadcast on Sky Cricket, Sky Sports PAK, Willow TV and Star Sports.
Live Streaming: You can live-stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Humidity is forecast to be low across this game although the temperature will be up at 29 degrees at the peak on Monday. No rain is expected at this venue.
This is an excellent batting wicket at the Arun Jaitley Stadium with plenty of pace for the stroke-makers to take advantage of. A par score will be around 360 although there will also be turn for the spinners.
Three of the four matches at this venue during the 2023 Cricket World Cup have been won by the team batting first so we expect both captains to choose to bat first in this game.
BAN vs SL Team NEWS:
BAN Team News:
We have not seen too many examples of wholesale changes for Bangladesh across the tournament and, in spite of their poor performances, we would not be surprised if they are unchanged for this fixture. There are no new injuries in the squad.
SL Team News:
There was only one change for Sri Lanka ahead of their heavy defeat to India with Dhananjaya de Silva heading out of the team with Dushan Hemantha coming in. With not many options left in their squad due to injuries, de Silva may well come back in for this match as the same team can not be selected after being dismissed for 55.
2. Tanzid -Hasan
3. Najmul Hossain-Shanto
4. Shakib Al Hasan(C)
5. Mushfiqur Rahim(WK)
7. Towhid Hridoy
8. Mehidy Hasan Miraz
9. Taskin Ahmed
10. Mustafizur Rahman
11. Shoriful -Islam
2. Dimuth Karunaratne
3. Kusal Mendis(WK)(C)
4. Sadeera Samarawickrama(WK)
5. Charith Asalanka
6. Angelo Mathews
7. Dushan Hemantha
8. Maheesh Theekshana
9. Dushmantha Chameera
10. Kasun Rajitha
11. Dilshan Madushanka
BAN vs SL Team Combo:
BAN Team Info –
- Liton Das and Tanzid -Hasan will probably open the inning.
- Najmul Hossain-Shanto will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Shakib Al Hasan and Mushfiqur Rahim will handle the middle-order batting.
- Shakib Al Hasan will lead the Bangladesh as a Captain. He is also a good All-Rounder
- Mushfiqur Rahim will do the Wicket Keeping for Bangladesh.
- Mehidy Hasan Miraz and Mahmudullah will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Mehidy Hasan Miraz is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Shoriful -Islam and Mustafizur Rahman will lead the pace attack of his team.
SL Team Info –
- Pathum Nissanka and Dimuth Karunaratne will probably open the inning.
- Kusal Mendis will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Sadeera Samarawickrama and Charith Asalanka will handle the middle-order batting.
- Kusal Mendis will lead the Sri Lanka as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Sadeera Samarawickrama will do the Wicket Keeping for Sri Lanka.
- Maheesh Theekshana and Dushan Hemantha will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Dilshan Madushanka and Kasun Rajitha will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Dilshan Madushanka is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
After their disastrous batting performance against India, it will be fascinating to see how Sri Lanka get on in this match. Confidence may well be low in the squad but they will be determined to put in a better showing and they have had a good record in this format so far this year. We expect Bangladesh to be competitive but Sri Lanka are favorites to win.
BAN vs SL Key Players:
the 29 year old right-handed opener has already scored two half-centuries in the tournament and contributed another 45 against Pakistan. A big score at the top of the order is needed for his team.
the 37 year old all-rounder has been Bangladesh’s best batter in this competition. He is averaging 68.50 from five innings in the Cricket World Cup 2023.
the all-rounder was the only one of the bowling attack to pick up at least one wicket against Pakistan but the spinner showed talent to dismiss Abdullah Shafique, Fakhar Zaman and Babar Azam.
Shakib Al Hasan
the experienced all-rounder has been out of form with his batting during this campaign whereas his bowling has been consistent. He hit 43 against Pakistan and was economical with the ball.
the right-handed opener has impressed during this 2023 Cricket World Cup and will be desperate to contribute against Bangladesh after a golden duck to the first ball of the innings last Thursday.
the vastly experienced batting all-rounder was the only one of the top eight batters against India who scored more than a single or a duck. He may well be pushed up the order for this match.
although it was an awful day for the team, the left-arm pace bowler dismissed Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer and Suryakumar Yadav in the last game.
if Sri Lanka had been able to call upon the right-arm pacer throughout this campaign then it could well have been more successful. He got the wicket of KL Rahul in Match 33.
BAN vs SL Team Forms:
BAN Team Form:
Bangladesh have been very disappointing since they beat Afghanistan in their opener. Another defeat in this match will make it seven on the bounce.
SL Team Form:
Sri Lanka will be very low on confidence after losing to Afghanistan by 7 wickets and by 302 runs to India in their last two contests.
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
BAN vs SL SQUAD:
Bangladesh (BAN) Squad:
Tanzid Hasan, Litton Das, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Mushfiqur Rahim(w), Mahmudullah, Shakib Al Hasan(c), Towhid Hridoy, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman, Shoriful Islam, Nasum Ahmed, Mahedi Hasan, Hasan Mahmud, Tanzim Hasan Sakib.
Sri Lanka (SL) Squad:
Pathum Nissanka, Dimuth Karunaratne, Kusal Mendis(w/c), Sadeera Samarawickrama, Charith Asalanka, Angelo Mathews, Dushan Hemantha, Dushmantha Chameera, Maheesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha, Dilshan Madushanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Kusal Perera, Chamika Karunaratne, Lahiru Kumara, Dunith Wellalage
For Grand League & Our Final After Toss Updated Small League Teams, Please Download Android App from Play Store: Dwonload Nowhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=live.ipl.cricket_prediction