AUS vs AFG ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match Prediction
Match: Australia vs Afghanistan
Time: 07 Nov, 02:00 PM (IST)
Series:: ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match
Venue: Wankhede Stadium – Mumbai, India
W, W, W, W, W
W, W, W, L, W
AUS vs AFG Preview:
- Although he made only 18 in Saturday’s win over England, David Warner has been playing brilliantly in this tournament. The 37 year old left-hander averages 45.80 in this format and he is our tip for Australia’s highest run scorer against Afghanistan. Adam Zampa has been the standout performer for his team with the ball in the competition and the spinner took the Player of the Match Award in Match 36. He is a strong choice for Australia’s top wicket taker on Tuesday.
- Hashmatullah Shahidi is in brilliant form and comes into this game after making not-out scores of 56, 58 and 48 from his last three innings in the tournament. He has scored over 2000 ODI runs and we expect him to be Afghanistan’s highest run scorer at the Wankhede Stadium. Rashid Khan is a top class performer and he will be very keen to bowl at some of the superstar names in the Australian line-up. The spinner averages 20.48 in ODIs and he is our pick for Afghanistan’s top wicket taker against Australia.
- It is now five matches in a row that Adam Zampa has taken 3+ wickets and we are backing him to take over 1.5 wickets in this fixture.
Live Streaming of AUS vs AFG:
TV Channels: This game will be broadcast on Sky Cricket, Sky Sports PAK, Willow TV and Star Sports.
Live Streaming: You can live-stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The conditions are not forecast to change a great deal from start to finish of this game. It will remain above 30 degrees with the humidity levels above 40% throughout the match.
There is something in this wicket to help the bowlers but strong batters should also be looking forward to their innings at the Wankhede Stadium. A par score will be between 320 – 340.
All three of the 2023 Cricket World Cup matches played at this venue have seen the team batting first win by a margin ranging from 149 – 302 runs. As a result, it would be a big surprise if either captain won the toss and chose to field first on Tuesday.
AUS vs AFG Team NEWS:
AUS Team News:
There were two changes to Australia’s XI ahead of the win over England with Cameron Green and Marcus Stoinis returning to the side with Mitchell Marsh and Glenn Maxwell both unavailable. However, with Marsh and Maxwell back and ready to play, we expect them both to come straight back in.
AFG Team News:
Noor Ahmad came back into Afghanistan’s team for the last game as Naveen-ul-Haq was left out on a turning pitch in Lucknow. With this surface in Mumbai expected to provide more assistance for the quicks, we expect to see Naveen back in the XI.
1. Travis Head
2. David Warner
3. Steven Smith
4. M Labuschagne
5. Josh Inglis (wk)
6. Marcus Stoinis
7. Cameron Green
8. Pat Cummins (c)
9. Mitchell Starc
10. Adam Zampa
11. Josh Hazlewood
1. R Gurbaz
2. Ibrahim Zadran
3. Rahmat Shah
4. H Shahidi (c)
5. A Omarzai
6. Ikram Alikhil (wk)
7. Mohammad Nabi
8. Rashid Khan
9. M Ur Rahman
10. Noor Ahmad
11. Fazalhaq Farooqi
A win for Afghanistan in this match would put them level on points with Australia and put them right in the mix for qualification for the semi-finals. However, Australia have been playing brilliant cricket over the last few weeks and they will be expecting to reach the final in this tournament. We expect Afghanistan to make things uncomfortable for Australia in both innings but overall, and with the likes of Adam Zampa and David Warner in such good form, we are backing Australia to win.
AUS vs AFG Team Combo:
AUS Team Info –
- Travis Head and David Warner will probably open the inning.
- Steven Smith will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Marnus Labuschagne and Josh Inglis will handle the middle-order batting.
- Pat Cummins will lead the Australia as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Josh Inglis will do the Wicket Keeping for Australia.
- Adam Zampa will take care of the spin bowling of the team. He was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Pat Cummins and Mitchell Starc will lead the pace attack of his team.
AFG Team Info –
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz and Ibrahim Zadran will probably open the inning.
- Rahmat Shah will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Hashmatullah Shahidi and Azmatullah Omarzai will handle the middle-order batting.
- Azmatullah Omarzai is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Hashmatullah Shahidi will lead the Afghanistan as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Ikram Alikhil will do the Wicket Keeping for Afghanistan.
- Rashid-Khan and Mujeeb-ur-Rahman will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Fazal Haq will lead the pace attack of his team.
AUS vs AFG Key Players:
The opener is averaging over 61 in the Cricket World Cup 2023 and has scored 48 international centuries. He will look to take on the Afghanistan bowlers from the first ball.
The right-hander is likely to drop down a position in the batting line-up with Mitchell Marsh’s return. However, he showed he is still vital to this team with 71 runs against England on Saturday.
The spinner produced an all-round display to get the whole cricketing world to watch against England. He hit 29 runs from 19 balls before taking 3/21 from 10 overs with the ball.
The skipper has found a consistency to his ODI bowling during this tournament and picked up the crucial wickets of Dawid Malan and Liam Livingstone in the last match.
The 30 year old right-handed number three batter had a slow start to this campaign but has now hit 227 runs from his last four innings.
The skipper will be relishing the opportunity to lead his side against Australia and he provides consistency without throwing his wicket away at number four in the batting order.
The world class leg-spinner went wicketless against the Netherlands on Friday but he was brilliantly accurate and conceded only 31 runs from 10 overs.
The 23 year old left-arm quick bowler took 4/34 only two games ago in Pune and we expect him to get the most out of this pitch in Mumbai.
AUS vs AFG Team Forms:
AUS Team Form:
Australia are getting through the tough periods of games and going on to win. Another victory in this match will mean six successive ODI victories.
AFG Team Form:
Afghanistan got off to a slow start in this tournament but now they are looking for their fourth win in a row.
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
AUS vs AFG SQUAD:
Australia (AUS) Squad:
David Warner, Travis Head, Steven Smith, Marnus Labuschagne, Josh Inglis (wk), Cameron Green, Marcus Stoinis, Pat Cummins (c), Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood, Glenn Maxwell, Alex Carey, Sean Abbott.
Afghanistan (AFG) Squad:
Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Ibrahim Zadran, Rahmat Shah, Hashmatullah Shahidi (c), Azmatullah Omarzai, Ikram Alikhil (wk), Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Noor Ahmad, Naveen-ul-Haq, Riaz Hassan, Abdul Rahman, Najibullah Zadran
For Grand League & Our Final After Toss Updated Small League Teams, Please Download Android App from Play Store: Dwonload Nowhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=live.ipl.cricket_prediction