IND vs SL Asia Cup Final Match Prediction
Match: India vs Sri Lanka (IND vs SL)
Time: 15 Sep, 03:00 PM (IST)
Series:: Asia Cup Final Match
Venue: R. Premadasa Stadium – Colombo, Sri Lanka
L, W, W, W, N
W, L, W, W, W
IND vs SL Preview:
- Shubman Gill hit 121 in Friday’s final Super Fours match and the opener is well worth backing as India’s highest run scorer against Sri Lanka. Kuldeep Yadav has a strike-rate of 18.33 in the 2023 Asia Cup and the wrist spinner is our tip for India’s top wicket taker in this game.
- Kusal Mendis hit 91 runs from 87 balls against Pakistan and the keeper-batter is our pick for Sri Lanka’s highest run scorer against India. With the ball, Dunith Wellalage has taken 10 wickets at an average of 17.20 in this campaign and the spinner is a strong choice for Sri Lanka’s top wicket taker on Sunday.
- With best figures of 5-25 in in the tournament so far, we recommend backing Kuldeep Yadav to take over 1.5 wickets in this match.
Live Streaming of IND vs SL:
TV Channels: This game will be broadcast on TNT Sports, Star Sports, PTV, Fox Sports and Sky Sports.
Live Streaming: You can live-stream the match on the TNT App, Disney+ Hotstar and FOXTel.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The Colombo weather forecast is similar to what we have seen throughout the Super Fours with high humidity and a chance of rain interrupting play from time to time.
Pitch Report of IND vs SL:
Although this can look like a good batting wicket at times, there is assistance from the pitch for the bowlers and overhead conditions which also assist the swing bowlers.
The three times a skipper chose to bat first in the Super Fours yielded only one victory and we predict that both captains will want to field first ahead of this match.
IND vs SL Team NEWS:
IND Team News:
Ahead of Friday’s match with Bangladesh, there were five changes to India’s side with Virat Kohli, Hardik Pandya, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj and Jasprit Bumrah all rested. We expect Rohit Sharma to bring all the players back into the team for the final of Asia Cup 2023.
SL Team News:
Kusal Perera came in at the top of the order for Sri Lanka in their final Super Fours game with Pramod Madushan coming in to bolster the pace bowling attack. Maheesh Theekshana will not be available for the final as he has been ruled out because of injury. So Sri Lanka have to make changes in their playing XI which played against Pakistan.
2. Shubman Gill
3. Virat Kohli
4. Lokesh Rahul(WK)
5. Ishan Kishan(WK)
6. Hardik Pandya
7. Washington Sundar
8. Ravindra Jadeja
9. Kuldeep Yadav
10. Jasprit Bumrah
11. Mohammed Siraj
2. Kusal Perera(WK)
3. Kusal Mendis(WK)
4. S Samarawickrama
5. Charith Asalanka
6. Dasun Shanaka(C)
7. Dhananjaya de Silva
8. Dunith Wellalage
9. Kasun Rajitha
10. Pramod Madushan
11. Matheesha Pathirana
IND vs BAN Team Combo:
IND Team Info –
- India wrapped up things at the top of the points table of the Super 4 whereas Sri Lanka finished off at the second spot on the points table.
- India played three matches in the Super 4 of this season of the Asia Cup where they won two matches while Sri Lanka also played three matches in this season where they, too, won two of those games.
- Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill will probably open the inning.
- Shubman Gill is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Virat Kohli will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Lokesh Rahul and Ishan Kishan will handle the middle-order batting.
- Rohit Sharma will lead the India as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Ishan Kishan will do the Wicket Keeping for India.
- Kuldeep Yadav and Ravindra Jadeja will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Mohammed Siraj and Jasprit Bumrah will lead the pace attack of his team.
SL Team Info –
- Pathum Nissanka and Kusal Perera will probably open the inning.
- Kusal Mendis will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Kusal Mendis was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Sadeera Samarawickrama and Charith Asalanka will handle the middle-order batting.
- Dasun Shanaka will lead the Sri Lanka as a Captain. He is also a good All-Rounder
- Kusal Perera will do the Wicket Keeping for Sri Lanka.
- Dunith Wellalage and Dhananjaya de Silva will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Dunith Wellalage is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Matheesha Pathirana and Pramod Madushan will lead the pace attack of his team.
It has been a very entertaining 2023 Asia Cup so far and the winner of the tournament will be decided in this final. Although it has been frustrating at times with the weather, we have seen some excellent batting and bowling across the competition. Sri Lanka are the current holders and we expect them to work very hard in this match with some of their bowlers potential match-winners. However, India have a much stronger batting line up and we are backing them to win.
IND vs SL Key Players:
the 24 year old hit eight fours and five sixes in his century on Friday and he comes into this match with an ODI average of 63.40.
the experienced right-handed top order batter was rested for the final Super Fours game but comes back into the team for this final with 47 ODI centuries behind him.
the 28 year old spinner has become an integral part of India’s ODI team over the last 18 months and he will get plenty of turn from this pitch.
the keeper-batter is 23 runs from being the leading scorer in the tournament and he has made two scores of 90+ from his last four innings.
only Kusal Mendis and Shubman Gill have hit more runs than the 28 year old middle order batter who is averaging 43 in this Asia Cup.
the young left-arm spinner will be looking to repeat his top performance from the Super Fours against India when he took 5-40 and took the Player of the Match Award.
IND vs SL Team Forms:
IND Team Form:
Although India were beaten by Bangladesh on Friday, it was a very narrow defeat and they have been in very strong form previously.
SL Team Form:
Sri Lanka’s long winning run was ended by India earlier this week but they bounced back immediately with a very tight win over Pakistan on Thursday.
IND vs SL SQUAD:
India (IND) Squad:
Rohit Sharma(C), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Lokesh Rahul(WK), Ishan Kishan(WK), Hardik Pandya, Washington Sundar, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, Axar Patel, Suryakumar Yadav, Sanju Samson(WK), Shreyas Iyer, Tilak Varma, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Shami, Prasidh Krishna
Sri Lanka (SL) Squad:
Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Perera(WK), Kusal Mendis(WK), Sadeera Samarawickrama, Charith Asalanka, Dasun Shanaka(C), Dhananjaya de Silva, Dunith Wellalage, Kasun Rajitha, Pramod Madushan, Matheesha Pathirana, Binura Fernando, Dimuth Karunaratne, Sahan Arachchige, Dushan Hemantha, Maheesh Theekshana.
For Grand League & Our Final After Toss Updated Small League Teams, Please Download Android App from Play Store: Dwonload Nowhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=live.ipl.cricket_prediction