LAL vs PHX Dream11 Team Prediction:
COVID-19 is taking on the NBA head-on, yet the league has managed to stay afloat. The Los Angeles Lakers, one of the teams that will compete here, have had to contend with both injuries and COVID-19, with at least half of their key rotation players missing. They’ll face a resurgent Phoenix Suns team that has made winning a habit and has the best record in the league, with 24 wins and only five losses.
For the next month, the Lakers will be without Anthony Davis, who will cost the team in terms of scoring, rebounding, and defence. Still, with LeBron and Westbrook in the mix, the offensive flow may continue, as Isaiah, Carmelo, Ariza, Ellington, Rondo, and Deandre Jordan will be forced to react quickly.
The Suns have developed a strong core and are one of the league’s deepest teams at practically every position. Phoenix can play a variety of basketball styles, and with Chris Paul as their primary ball handler, the club is capable of causing havoc. Phoenix can also play great defence and is a strong contender for the championship.
Host: Los Angeles Lakers
Visitors: Phoenix Suns
Match Timing: 22 December, @ 08:30 AM
Venue: Staples Center
NBA forecasts, statistics, and analysis
Lakers: That defence needs to be fixed!
The Lakers’ defence is one of the worst in the NBA, with many players missing assignments at times, but their rebounding has been one of the more baffling concerns for me.
The squad is frequently outhustled, and even when the defence is disciplined, the advantage is quickly lost when the opponent dominates the offensive boards. With James and Westbrook on the court, the Lakers can score points, but their defence, especially against elite offensive teams, has let them down and held them back, whether they were healthy or injured.
If the defence continues to play like this, the Lakers will find themselves with their backs against the wall.
Read also: Our Fantasy Cricket Prediction
Suns: Their depth is terrifying
Phoenix has a lot of depth, like a lot of depth! Even without their leading scorer, Booker, they won the majority of their games, and the Suns’ scoring balance can make most teams in the league envy on many nights.
With Paul as the primary ball handler, Booker as the iso and off-the-ball scorer, two solid two-way wings in Crowder and Bridges, and a solid 15+ and 10+ rebounds Center Deandre Ayton, the bench features two talented guards in Shamet and Payne, as well as a wing in Cameron Johnson and a points and rebounds machine in JaVale McGee.
This team’s depth cannot be overstated; they have nine guys capable of scoring ten points or more on the same night!
LA Lakers | Phoenix Suns
Games: 31| 29
Wins: 16| 24
Defeats: 15| 05
LAL vs PHX Team News and Lineups
PHX Team News
- Dario Saric will not play in the game and will be OUT for the long term.
- Frank Kaminsky is OUT for the game.
- Devin Booker is back for this game and will play.
Suns Expected Starting Five
Wings: PF: Jae Crowder SF: Mikal Bridges
Middle: C: Deandre Ayton
Guards: SG: Devin Booker PG: Chris Paul
Bench: Cameron Johnson, Landry ShametCameron Payne, JaVale McGee, Ismail Wainright, Elfrid Payton, Abdul Nader, Jalen Smith.
LAL Team News
- Anthony Davis is QUESTIONABLE for this match.
- Kendrick Nunn is OUT For the match and without a timetable to return.
- Talen Horton Tucker, Austin Reeves, Avery Bradley, Kent Bazemore, Malik Monk, and Dwight Howard are in COVID-19 protocols.
Lakers Expected Starting Five
Point Forward: SF: LeBron James
Frontline: PF/C: Anthony Davis
Guards: SG: Wayne Ellington, PG: Isaiah Thomas PG: Russell Westbrook
BENCH: Wayne Ellington, Deandre Jordan, Kent Bazemore, Carmelo Anthony, Rajon Rondo, Malik Monk, Jay Huff, Sekou Doumbouya.
Read also: Our Casual Game
Fantasy Basketball Top Picks
Chris Paul (PHX)
Chris Paul is perhaps the best passer of this generation and he figures number three in the all-time assists leaders list. The Guard leads the league in assists this season and has scored in the 12-20 points range. He can be selected as a Star/Pro Player in the Dream 11 NBA Fantasy scenario.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 30-44
LeBron James (LAL)
LeBron has drunk from the NBA Fountain of Youth but no, it is more about his work ethic and hunger to win basketball games that keep him going. The Wing has wreaked havoc once again, lodging 30+ points, 10+ rebounds, and 5+ assists on a game-to-game basis this month.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 50-62
Ayton has become a nightly points-rebounds double-double threat and has continued to dominate opposing Centers. He has scored in the 15-20 points range and has grabbed 10-16 rebounds constantly this season.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 33-47
Russell Westbrook(LAL )
His triple-double frequency has gone a bit down but he still remains an all-around threat. Westbrook has been shooting well but he commits more than 5 turnovers way too much which can impact the offense and defense.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 33-49
Carmelo Anthony(LAL )
Melo’s role has increased amidst so many injuries and as a stretch-four, he will need to knock down jumpers. The Forward has usually scored in the 13-16 points range this month.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 25-36
Booker forms a scary backcourt pairing along with Chris Paul and he can score in bunches. He returned from an injury in the last game and prior to that he was lodging 30+ points nights.
Expected Fantasy Points Range: 31-43
Dream11 Lineup Balancers: LAL vs PHX
- Isaiah Thomas (LAL ) had 13 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist in the last game. Has scored in the 13-19 points range since his season debut just a few days ago.
- Javale McGee (PHX) had 19 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, 1 steal in the last game. He has been lodging big numbers this month.
- Cameron Johnson (PHX) had 12 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist in the last game. Scores 11-15 points a game usually
- Deandre Jordan (LAL ) had 9 points, 7 rebounds, 1 block in the last game. Fell out of the rotation but playing with Howard out.
- Jae Crowder (PHX) had 14 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block in the last game. He has been scoring ten and more quite a bit recently.
- Wayne Ellington (LAL) had 6 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal in the last game. Expect similar numbers more often than not.
- Mikal Bridges (PHX) had 16 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists in the last game. Scores in the 12-17 points range and can get big on steals at times.
- Rajon Rondo(LAL ) had 5 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 1 block in the last game. Perhaps he will lodge similar numbers.
- Landry Shamet(PHX) had 15 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists in the last game. Can score 10+ regularly.
- Cameron Payne(PHX) had 11 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals, 1 block in the last game. Reliable scorer and playmaker. The Suns are just too deep.
Please share this article with your friends who are also interested in playing Dream11 Fantasy Leagues if you appreciate our Dream11 Prediction Tips. For the greatest Dream11 Fantasy Tips, make sure to follow us on Twitter, Telegram, Facebook and YouTube.
Where to watch NBA Live Score?
Are you curious about LeBron’s moves? How is Ayton blocking shots? Do you want to see the NBA in all its glory? Well, you can watch it on the NBA League Pass, which is a simple manner of paying for an annual subscription or paying for a single game. That is one alternative, because Sony Liv and Sony Six are no longer showing or streaming the games. The scorecard can be found on the NBA’s official website.