SA vs WI Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips, Playing 11, Pitch Report, Team Info & Dream11 Team for 1st ODI Match 2023
South Africa vs West Indies
1st ODI Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 16 March, 04:30 PM (IST)
Series: 1st ODI Match
Venue: Buffalo Park – East London, South Africa
SA vs WI Dream11 Prediction:
- Quinton de Kock has scored 17 ODI centuries and the left-handed opener is well worth backing as South Africa’s highest run scorer in this first game of the series. With the ball, we expect Lungi Ngidi to be the main threat and to be South Africa’s top wicket taker on Thursday.
- Shai Hope averages 48.95 in this format and the new skipper is our tip for West Indies’ highest run scorer in this ODI. Akeal Hosein has best figures of 4-39 in ODIs and the left-arm spinner is our pick for West Indies’ top wicket taker in this match.
- With an excellent record in this format stretching back many years, we recommend backing Quinton de Kock to hit over 31.5 runs in this clash.
SA vs WI Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on SuperSport, Flow Sports, Star Sports and Sky Sports Cricket.
Fans can stream the match on FanCode and SkyGo.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Three of the last four ODIs at this venue have been won by the team batting second and we predict that both captains will choose to field first if they win the toss ahead of this match.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
L, W, W, L, L
L, L, W, L, L
SA vs WI TEAM NEWS:
SA Team News:
The hosts have taken an unusual step of announcing separate squads for the first two ODIs and the final match of the series. Furthermore, pace bowlers, Kagiso Rabada and Anrich Nortje have both been rested for the whole series. Temba Bavuma, who recently gave up the IT20 captaincy, will continue to lead the side in this format.
WI Team News:
This game represents the start of another new era for West Indies who have replaced Nicholas Pooran as the skipper in ODIs with Shai Hope. However, they still have plenty of experienced players such as Roston Chase and Jason Holder in the team.
SA vs WI Pre-Toss LineUps:
1.Quinton de Kock(WK)
2. Temba Bavuma(C)
3. Reeza Hendricks
4. Rassie van der-Dussen
5. Ryan Rickelton(WK)
6. Tristan Stubbs
7. Andile Phehlukwayo
8. Wayne Parnell
9. Gerald Coetzee
10. Lungi Ngidi
11. Tabraiz Shamsi
2. Kyle Mayers
3. Nicholas Pooran(WK)
4. Shamarh Brooks
5. Brandon King
6. Rovman Powell
7. Romario Shepherd
8. Jason Holder
9. Odean Smith
10. Akeal Hosein
11. Alzarri Joseph
SA vs WI Team Updates:
SA Team Updates –
- The Proteas are coming off a 2-1 ODI series against England. The team performed well with bat and ball, with Rassie van der Dussan, and Anrich Nortje leading the charge with bat and ball in hand respectively.
- Skipper Bavuma also performed well at the top, and South Africa would be aiming to carry forward that form against West Indies.
- Quinton de Kock and Temba Bavuma will probably open the inning.
- Temba Bavuma was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Reeza Hendricks will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Rassie van der-Dussen and Ryan Rickelton will handle the middle-order batting.
- Temba Bavuma will lead the South Africa as a Captain. He was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Ryan Rickelton will do the Wicket Keeping for South Africa.
- Tabraiz Shamsi will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Lungi Ngidi and Gerald Coetzee will lead the pace attack of his team.
WI Team Updates –
- The Caribbean team have looked ordinary in the 50-over format losing as many as nine games last year.
- West Indies will be looking to bounce back after a disappointing Test series. They will be boosted by the return of some of their star players. With the likes of Nicholas Pooran and Shai Hope in good form with the bat, they will be hoping to put up a strong fight against South Africa.
- Shai Hope and Kyle Mayers will probably open the inning.
- Nicholas Pooran will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Shamarh Brooks and Brandon King will handle the middle-order batting.
- Shai Hope will lead the West Indies as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Nicholas Pooran will do the Wicket Keeping for West Indies.
- Akeal Hosein will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Alzarri Joseph and Odean Smith will lead the pace attack of his team.
With South Africa choosing to rest some of their big name bowlers, and also leaving out some of their other top players for the first two ODIs, this opening match of the series could well be a lot closer than some pundits are predicting. We expect West Indies to compete throughout the game but think South Africa have more batting depth. Our prediction is for South Africa to win a close match.
South Africa are favorites to beat West Indies
SA Key Players:
Quinton de Kock –
The left-handed keeper-batter has enjoyed a break over the last five weeks since the end of the SA20. He will be refreshed and ready to take the attack to West Indies in this match.
Rassie van der Dussen –
The tall right-handed middle order batter has been enjoying playing on the batter friendly wickets in the PSL in recent weeks and hit a century in the first ODI against England in January.
Lungi Ngidi –
The right-arm pace bowler took 4-62 in his last ODI appearance against England in Kimberley at the start of February and will lead the pace bowling attack in this game.
WI Key Players:
Shai Hope –
New captain has a brilliant ODI record. Since making his debut in this format in 2016, he has hit over 4300 runs from 99 innings.
Romario Shepherd –
The all-rounder has struggled to establish himself at international level in spite of some consistent bowling and match winning batting. He is an excellent finisher of an innings with the bat.
Akeal Hosein –
The left-arm spinner has had a busy start to the year with appearances in the BBL, ILT20 and the PSL already. He will get turn from this pitch.
SA vs WI Team Form:
SA Team Form –
South Africa won successive ODIs against England in January before losing the last match of the series. They have lost three of the last five games in this format.
WI Team Form –
West Indies have won only one of their last 12 matches in this format.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
SA vs WI SQUAD:
South Africa (SA):
Quinton de Kock(WK), Temba Bavuma(C), Reeza Hendricks, Rassie van der-Dussen, Ryan Rickelton(WK), Tristan Stubbs, Andile Phehlukwayo, Wayne Parnell, Gerald Coetzee, Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi, Bjorn Fortuin, Lizaad Williams, Tony de Zorzi, Sisanda Magala
West Indies (WI):
Shai Hope(WK)(C), Kyle Mayers, Nicholas Pooran(WK), Shamarh Brooks, Brandon King, Rovman Powell, Romario Shepherd, Jason Holder, Odean Smith, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Keacy Carty, Roston Chase, Yannic Cariah, Shannon Gabriel
For Grand League & Our Final After Toss Updated Small League Teams, Please Download Android App from Play Store: Dwonload Nowhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=live.ipl.cricket_prediction