AFG vs SL ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match Prediction
Match: Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka
Time: 30 Oct, 02:00 PM (IST)
Series:: ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match
Venue: Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium – Pune, India
W, L, W, L, L
✅ ❌ ✅ ❌ ❌
W, W, L, L, L
✅ ✅ ❌ ❌ ❌
AFG vs SL Preview:
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz struck 65 runs from 53 balls in the victory over Pakistan in Match 22 and the 21 year old opener has now made scores of 47, 21, 80, 11 and 65 in this tournament. He only knows one way to bat and that is in an attacking manner. We expect him to maintain his strong form and to be Afghanistan’s highest run scorer in this clash with Sri Lanka. Naveen-ul-Haq took 2-52 against Pakistan to follow up his 2-48 against New Zealand and he is averaging 28.10 for each wicket with a strike-rate of 27.9 from his 12 ODI appearances. He is yet to come up against Sri Lanka so he will enjoy taking on some new opponents and he is yet to go wicketless in his ODI career. Naveen is our tip for Afghanistan’s top wicket taker on Monday.
- Pathum Nissanka continued his strong form in the 2023 Cricket World Cup with 77 runs from 83 balls against England in Bengaluru. The opener finished unbeaten after striking seven fours and two sixes in the victory. Another score of 50+ in this match should see his batting average climb over 40 and he has a strong record in this format with three centuries and 13 half-centuries. Nissanka is our pick for Sri Lanka’s highest run scorer against Afghanistan. After picking up the wickets of Jonny Bairstow and Chris Woakes and conceding only 36 runs in the win over the 2019 Cricket World Cup champions, Kasun Rajitha will come into this game full of confidence. He has 7 wickets from his last three innings with the ball and has taken a 4-wicket haul in two of his last six. Bowling at good pace, we recommend backing Rajitha to take over 1.5 wickets in this game.
- Opening bowlers have not been able to get the better of Pathum Nissanka over recent innings and we expect him to hit over 31.5 runs in this match.
Live Streaming of AFG vs SL:
TV Channels: This game will be broadcast on Sky Cricket, Sky Sports PAK, Willow TV and Star Sports.
Live Streaming: You can live-stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The forecast is for sunny and warm conditions throughout Monday afternoon before some cloudy conditions later on. The humidity level will increase a great amount in the final third of the match.
This is a good batting wicket in Pune at the Maharashtra Cricket Stadium pitch offering consistent pace and bounce. A par score will be around 350-360.
Four of the seven ODIs at this ground have been won by the team batting second so our prediction is that both captains will want to field first in this game.
AFG vs SL Team NEWS:
AFG Team News:
There was only one change for Afghanistan ahead of their extremely impressive victory over Pakistan in Chepauk with young spinner Noor Ahmad coming in for the quick Fazalhaq Farooqi. No changes are expected ahead of this match in Pune.
SL Team News:
There were two changes for Sri Lanka ahead of their must-win game against England in Bengaluru. The vastly experienced Angelo Mathews, who had only arrived at the tournament as a replacement player in the previous days, came in as did Lahiru Kumara with Chamika Karunaratne and Dushan Hemantha dropping out.
2. Ibrahim Zadran
3. Rahmat Shah
4. Hashmatullah Shahidi(C)
5. Azmatullah Omarzai
6. Ikram Alikhil(WK)
7. Mohammad Nabi
11. Noor Ahmad
2. Kusal Perera
3. Kusal Mendis(WK)(C)
4. Sadeera Samarawickrama(WK)
5. Charith Asalanka
6. Dhananjaya de Silva
7. Angelo Mathews
8. Maheesh Theekshana
9. Lahiru Kumara
10. Kasun Rajitha
11. Dilshan Madushanka
AFG vs SL Team Combo:
AFG Team Info –
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz and Ibrahim Zadran will probably open the inning.
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Ibrahim Zadran was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Rahmat Shah will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Hashmatullah Shahidi and Azmatullah Omarzai will handle the middle-order batting.
- Hashmatullah Shahidi will lead the Afghanistan as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman.
- Ikram Alikhil will do the Wicket Keeping for Afghanistan.
- Rashid-Khan and Mujeeb-ur-Rahman will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Naveen-ul-Haq will lead the pace attack of his team.
SL Team Info –
- Pathum Nissanka and Kusal Perera will probably open the inning.
- Pathum Nissanka was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Kusal Mendis will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Sadeera Samarawickrama and Charith Asalanka will handle the middle-order batting.
- Sadeera Samarawickrama is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Kusal Mendis will lead the Sri Lanka as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Kusal Mendis will do the Wicket Keeping for Sri Lanka.
- Dhananjaya de Silva and Maheesh Theekshana will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Dilshan Madushanka and Kasun Rajitha will lead the pace attack of his team.
This looks set to be an excellent contest between two teams who are suddenly considering themselves to be in with a chance of challenging for the top four positions. And whoever wins this game will carry excellent form into their next fixture. Afghanistan, after beating Pakistan, will look to bat with the same aggression and fluency, if they can do that then they will cause Sri Lanka plenty of problems. However, we think there is more consistency in the batting line up of Sri Lanka and we think that will be crucial. Our prediction is that Sri Lanka win this match in Pune.
AFG vs SL Key Players:
since handing over the gloves to Ikram Alikhil, we have seen more consistent runs from the young opener. He hit nine fours and one six in the victory against Pakistan.
the opening batter chase into this tournament with a fine ODI record and plenty of pundits talking him up. However, it had been hard work for him before his Player of the Match score of 87 in Match 22.
the 24 year old pacer picked up the wickets of the well-set Shadab Khan and Iftikhar Ahmed in the win over Pakistan and has a brilliant ODI record.
the right-arm leg-spinner did not get a wicket against Pakistan but was treated with respect by the opposing batters who carefully negotiated his 10 overs for 41 runs.
the 25 year old opener is in excellent form and is targeting his fifth successive half-century in the tournament. He hit his highest score in the last match but is still yet to make a century in the competition.
the right-hander has a brilliant record over recent innings for Sri Lanka. He hit 108 against Pakistan, 91 not out against the Netherlands and 65 not out against England from his last four innings.
the right-arm pacer took the Player of the Match Award after dismissing the impressive trio of Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler and Liam Livingstone in the victory in Bengaluru.
the 30 year old is a strong performer at international level and an improvement in his form has been reflected in Sri Lanka’s wins. He comes into this game after taking 6 wickets across the last two games.
AFG vs SL Team Forms:
AFG Team Form:
Afghanistan lost three of their first four matches in the Cricket World Cup 2023 but come into this match with two wins from their last three.
SL Team Form:
Sri Lanka have given themselves a chance with recent wins and a victory in this fixture will mean they have won three ODIs in a row.
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
AFG vs SL SQUAD:
Afghanistan (AFG) Squad:
Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Ibrahim Zadran, Rahmat Shah, Hashmatullah Shahidi(c), Azmatullah Omarzai, Ikram Alikhil(w), Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Naveen-ul-Haq, Noor Ahmad, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Riaz Hassan, Abdul Rahman, Najibullah Zadran.
Sri Lanka (SL) Squad:
Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Perera, Kusal Mendis(w/c), Sadeera Samarawickrama, Charith Asalanka, Dhananjaya de Silva, Angelo Mathews, Maheesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha, Dilshan Madushanka, Dushmantha Chameera, Dimuth Karunaratne, Chamika Karunaratne, Dunith Wellalage, Dushan Hemantha
For Grand League & Our Final After Toss Updated Small League Teams, Please Download Android App from Play Store: Dwonload Nowhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=live.ipl.cricket_prediction