AUS vs SA ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match Prediction
Match: Australia vs South Africa (AUS vs SA)
Time: 12 Oct, 02:00 PM (IST)
Series:: ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match
Venue: Ekana Cricket Stadium – Lucknow, India
L, W, L, L, L
W, W, W, W, L
AUS vs SA Preview:
- David Warner has a brilliant ODI record and the left-handed opener looked very comfortable against a strong India bowling attack on Sunday before being dismissed for 41 runs from 52 balls. He hit six fours in his innings as he continued his excellent form from the India ODI series where he hit three half-centuries. We are backing Warner to be Australia’s highest run scorer against South Africa. Josh Hazlewood was the pick of Australia’s bowlers in the defeat in Chennai and he bowled a maiden as well as taking 3-38 from his nine overs. The right-arm quick bowler is our tip for Australia’s top wicket taker in Lucknow.
- Quinton de Kock has now hit 18 hundreds in this format and he comes into this clash with Australia looking to back up his 84-ball century against Sri Lanka. The left-handed keeper-batter will have been disappointed to not kick on with his innings in that game but he has the perfect opportunity to go again in this match. de Kock is our pick for South Africa’s highest run scorer against Australia. Kagiso Rabada took 2-50 against Sri Lanka and the right-arm pace bowler loves nothing more than testing himself against the biggest names in the sport. Rabada is a strong choice for South Africa’s top wicket taker in this clash.
- After hitting 106 and 78 in the ODI series in South Africa last month, we recommend selecting David Warner to hit over 31.5 runs in this clash.
Live Streaming of AUS vs SA:
TV Channels: This game will be broadcast on Sky Cricket, Sky Sports NZ, Willow TV and Star Sports.
Live Streaming: You can live-stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The forecast is for sunshine until sundown in Lucknow. The temperature will be in the 30s early in the game before dropping to the high 20s for the final part of the match.
This Ekana Cricket Stadium pitch has always offered something for both the spinners and the quick bowlers. However, it is a new surface after being relaid earlier this year so a par score is hard to predict.
Two of the last three ODIs have been won by the team batting first and we predict that both captains will choose to bat first in this game if they win the toss.
AUS vs SA Team NEWS:
AUS Team News:
Although Australia were beaten by India in their opening match of the World Cup 2023, they managed to get through the game without any injuries to their players. Glenn Maxwell and Cameron Green both came into the match with fears over previous injuries but both will be ready to go again in this match.
SA Team News:
After their exciting high scoring victory over Sri Lanka in Delhi on Saturday, Temba Bavuma was able to relax the fears of South Africa fans who wondered why Quinton de Kock had not fielded. The keeper-batter is expected to be fully fit to keep wicket and bat at the top of the order in this match.
2. Mitchell Marsh
3. Steven Smith
4. Marnus Labuschagne
5. Glenn Maxwell
6. Alex Carey(WK)
7. Cameron Green
8. Pat Cummins(C)
9. Mitchell Starc
10. Adam Zampa
11. Josh Hazlewood
1.Quinton de Kock(WK)
2. Temba Bavuma(C)
3. Rassie van der-Dussen
4. Aiden Markram
5. Heinrich Klaasen(WK)
6. David Miller
7. Marco Jansen
8. Gerald Coetzee
9. Kagiso Rabada
10. Keshav Maharaj
11. Lungi Ngidi
AUS vs SA Team Combo:
AUS Team Info –
- David Warner and Mitchell Marsh will probably open the inning.
- Steven Smith will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Marnus Labuschagne and Glenn Maxwell will handle the middle-order batting.
- Pat Cummins will lead the Australia as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Alex Carey will do the Wicket Keeping for Australia.
- Glenn Maxwell and Adam Zampa will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Josh Hazlewood and Mitchell Starc will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Josh Hazlewood is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
SA Team Info –
- Quinton de Kock and Temba Bavuma will probably open the inning.
- Rassie van der-Dussen will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Aiden Markram and Heinrich Klaasen will handle the middle-order batting.
- Aiden Markram is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Temba Bavuma will lead the South Africa as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Heinrich Klaasen will do the Wicket Keeping for South Africa.
- Aiden Markram and Keshav Maharaj will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Aiden Markram is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Gerald Coetzee and Kagiso Rabada will lead the pace attack of his team.
With three players in South Africa’s line-up hitting centuries in their opening match, a clear message has been sent out to all the other teams that they are a side to be taken seriously in this tournament. However, with confidence high in their camp, Australia will relish the opportunity to bring them down and get their first win of the competition at the same time. Playing against India in Chennai was always going to be a tough opener for Australia and we expect them to be far better with both the bat and ball in this fixture. Our prediction is for an exciting and close game in Lucknow with Australia able to get over the line to win the match.
AUS vs SA Key Players:
The 36 year old will be turning 37 over the next seven days but is still producing the goods on a very regular basis. This will be his 150th ODI innings and he currently averages 45.02 in this format.
The former skipper top scored for Australia on Sunday with 46 runs from 71 balls. However, we expect him to want to score runs at a quicker rate in this match against South Africa.
The right-arm quick bowler has had some injury problems over the last 12 months but he now looks fully fit. He picked up the wickets of Rohit Sharma, Shreyas Iyer and Virat Kohli in Chennai.
The left-arm pace bowler showed he still has the ability to get the new ball to swing when he dismissed Ishan Kishan during the first over of India’s chase on Sunday.
Quinton de Kock
The keeper-batter hit 12 fours and three sixes at the top of the order against Sri Lanka. He has performed at the top level for the past ten years and he will relish this clash against Australia in Lucknow.
With a strike-rate of 196.29 and an innings which included 17 boundaries, the entire cricketing world stood up and took notice of the in-form right-hander after Saturday who is in fantastic form at the moment.
There are always some young players who make a big first impact in international cricket during a World Cup and Coetzee stood out with figures of 3-68 in the win over Sri Lanka on Saturday.
The experienced right-arm pace bowler impressed on a batter friendly surface in Delhi against Sri Lanka. He comes into this game four wickets away from 150 dismissals in ODI cricket.
AUS vs SA Team Forms:
AUS Team Form:
Australia are not in the best of form and come into this match in Lucknow after losing six of their last seven ODIs.
SA Team Form:
South Africa are playing excellent cricket in ODIs at the moment and are looking to record their fifth successive win in this format in this game.
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
AUS vs SA SQUAD:
Australia (AUS) Squad:
David Warner, Mitchell Marsh, Steven Smith, Marnus Labuschagne, Glenn Maxwell, Alex Carey(WK), Cameron Green, Pat Cummins(C), Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood, Sean Abbott, Travis Head, Josh Inglis(WK), Marcus Stoinis.
South Africa (SA) Squad:
Quinton de Kock(WK), Temba Bavuma(C), Rassie van der-Dussen, Aiden Markram, Heinrich Klaasen(WK), David Miller, Marco Jansen, Gerald Coetzee, Kagiso Rabada, Keshav Maharaj, Lungi Ngidi, Lizaad Williams, Reeza Hendricks, Andile Phehlukwayo, Tabraiz Shamsi.
For Grand League & Our Final After Toss Updated Small League Teams, Please Download Android App from Play Store: Dwonload Nowhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=live.ipl.cricket_prediction