ENG vs PAK ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match Prediction
Match: England vs Pakistan
Time: 11 Nov, 02:00 PM (IST)
Series:: ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match
Venue: Eden Gardens – Kolkata, India
W, L L, L, L
W, W L, L, L
ENG vs PAK Preview:
- Dawid Malan hit 87 runs from 74 balls in the last fixture to add to his 50 against Australia and 140 against Bangladesh in the 2023 Cricket World Cup. The opener averages 56.76 from 29 ODI innings and he is well worth backing as England’s highest run scorer against Pakistan. Adil Rashid took 3/54 against the Netherlands and has taken 7 wickets from his last three games. The experienced spinner is a strong choice for England’s top wicket taker on Saturday.
- Fakhar Zaman has hit 219 runs from only three innings in this competition and the left-hander will take the attack to England’s bowlers from the start of the innings. He is in excellent form and we expect him to be England’s highest run scorer against Pakistan. Shaheen Shah Afridi has gone past 100 ODI wickets in this Cricket World Cup and he will bowl an attacking length to give the ball the opportunity to swing. The left-arm pacer is our tip for Pakistan’s top wicket taker in this fixture.
- With an average of 46.62 from his eight innings in the tournament, we recommend choosing Dawid Malan to hit over 31.5 runs in this clash..
Live Streaming of ENG vs PAK:
TV Channels: This game will be broadcast on Sky Cricket, Sky Sports PAK, Willow TV and Star Sports.
Live Streaming: You can live-stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
There will be some cloudy conditions at times in this match but overall it is likely to be clear skies with the temperature over 30 degrees throughout this fixture at Eden Gardens..
This is a good batting wicket and bowlers will have to work hard for their dismissals at Eden Gardens. A par score will be over 300 runs in the first innings and we expect good pace from the surface in Kolkata.
Pakistan won at Eden Gardens when batting second earlier in the tournament although the other two games were won by the team batting first at this venue. In order to swing the net-run-rate enough in their favour, Pakistan need to bat first then beat England by 287 runs. As a result, we expect both teams will choose to bat first.
ENG vs PAK Team NEWS:
ENG Team News:
Jos Buttler announced two changes for England ahead of their big win against the Netherlands with Mark Wood and Liam Livingstone left out in place of Gus Atkinson and Harry Brook. Wood is fully fit ahead of this match and we expect him to come back into the team for this clash.
PAK Team News:
There was one change for Pakistan ahead of their must-win-game against New Zealand with Hasan Ali coming in and Usama Mir dropping out. The bowling attack will be looked at after they conceded 401/6 in the last match but we do not expect changes for this fixture.
2. J Bairstow(WK)
3. Joe Root
4. Ben Stokes
5. Harry Brook
6. Jos Buttler(WK)(C)
7. Moeen Ali
8. Chris Woakes
9. David Willey
10. Adil Rashid
11. Gus Atkinson
2. Fakhar Zaman
3. Babar Azam(C)
4. M Rizwan(WK)
6. Saud Shakeel
7. Agha Salman
8. Shaheen Afridi
9. Hasan Ali
10. M Wasim
11. Haris Rauf
ENG vs PAK Team Combo:
ENG Team Info –
- Dawid Malan and Jonny Bairstow will probably open the inning.
- Joe Root will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Ben Stokes and Harry Brook will handle the middle-order batting.
- Ben Stokes was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Jos Buttler will lead the England as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Jonny Bairstow will do the Wicket Keeping for England.
- Adil Rashid and Joe Root will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Adil Rashid is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- David Willey and Gus Atkinson will lead the pace attack of his team.
BAN Team Info –
- Abdullah Shafique and Fakhar Zaman will probably open the inning.
- Fakhar Zaman was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Babar Azam will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Mohammad Rizwan and Iftikhar-Ahmed will handle the middle-order batting.
- Mohammad Rizwan is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Babar Azam will lead the Pakistan as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Mohammad Rizwan will do the Wicket-Keeping for Pakistan. He is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Iftikhar-Ahmed and Agha Salman will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Shaheen Afridi and Haris Rauf will lead the pace attack of his team.
Similar to many other pundits, we expect this game to be very close on Saturday with an improving England up against Pakistan who have won their last two matches. Across the whole competition, there has been more consistency from Pakistan’s batters but England’s bowlers have really stepped up their levels over the last three games so this should be a fascinating contest. Our prediction is for England to build on their win in their last game and to get another victory in a closely fought match in Kolkata.
ENG vs PAK Key Players:
The left-handed opener hit ten fours and two sixes against the Netherlands and was only dismissed by a run-out when he looked well set for another ODI hundred.
We saw another incredible batting performances from the 32 year old left-hander in the last game as he took his side from 192/6 to 334/9 with another century.
The leg-spinner began the tournament in disappointing form but comes into this match in excellent form and dismissed Bas de Leede, Logan van Beek and Aryan Dutt in Match 40.
The bowling all-rounder produced one of his excellent all-round displays in the win over the Netherlands. He has taken 7 wickets from his last three games.
The 33 year old left-hander took the Player of the Match Award in the DLS win over New Zealand and ended unbeaten after hitting eight fours and 11 sixes.
The skipper has hit half-centuries in three of his last four innings and was well set on 66 not out when the rain arrived in the last game.
Shaheen Shah Afridi
The left-arm pace bowler went wicketless against New Zealand and conceded 90 runs from his ten overs. However, he has 16 dismissals in the competition so far.
The young bowling all-rounder has been brilliant for Pakistan since coming back into the team and has taken 8 wickets from three games at a strike-rate of 21.12 in the Cricket World Cup 2023.
ENG vs PAK Team Forms:
ENG Team Form:
England lost five successive games in the tournament before their 160-run victory over the Netherlands in Match 40 in Pune.
PAK Team Form:
Pakistan had a poor run of form during the middle part of the group stage but come into this match looking for their third successive win.
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
ENG vs PAK SQUAD:
England (ENG) Squad:
Dawid Malan, Jonny Bairstow(WK), Joe Root, Ben Stokes, Harry Brook, Jos Buttler(WK)(C), Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, David Willey, Adil Rashid, Gus Atkinson, Sam Curran, Liam Livingstone, Brydon Carse, Mark Wood.
Pakistan (PAK) Squad:
Abdullah Shafique, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam(C), Mohammad Rizwan(WK), Iftikhar-Ahmed, Saud Shakeel, Agha Salman, Shaheen Afridi, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Wasim, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Haris(WK), Imam-ul Haq, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Usama Mir, Abrar Ahmed, Zaman- Khan
For Grand League & Our Final After Toss Updated Small League Teams, Please Download Android App from Play Store: Dwonload Nowhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=live.ipl.cricket_prediction