SA vs NED ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match Prediction
Match: South Africa vs Netherlands (SA vs NED)
Time: 17 Oct, 02:00 PM (IST)
Series:: ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match
Venue: Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala, India
W, W, W, W, W
L, L, L, W, W
SA vs NED Preview:
- There are some in-form batters across most teams in the 2023 Cricket World Cup, but none are producing the consistent numbers that Quinton de Kock is doing in India so far. The keeper-batter hit his second hundred of the campaign in the last game and took the Player of the Match Award with 109 runs from 106 balls against Australia. de Kock is our tip for South Africa’s highest run scorer against the Netherlands. Kagiso Rabada is a truly world class performer across all formats and he took 3/33 from 8 overs against Australia in the last match. The quick bowler is well worth backing as South Africa’s top wicket taker in this fixture.
- Colin Ackermann has come to this format of international cricket late in his career and did not make his ODI debut for the Netherlands until November 2021. However, he may have been a late starter but he is averaging 37.12 from eight innings and has passed the half-century mark on three occasions. He is our pick for the Netherlands’ highest run scorer against South Africa. With the ball, Aryan Dutt has been impressive with his off-spin not just later in the inning but also in the powerplay. The youngster is fast getting the attention of the cricketing world and we expect him to be the Netherlands’ top wicket taker in this match.
- No bowling attack has been able to stop Quinton de Kock yet in the tournament and we recommend choosing him to hit over 31.5 runs in this clash.
Live Streaming of SA vs NED:
TV Channels: This game will be broadcast on Sky Cricket, Sky Sports PAK, Willow TV and Star Sports.
Live Streaming: You can live-stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The weather forecast is for an afternoon and evening of humid conditions in Dharamsala on Tuesday. There will also be a threat of thunderstorms throughout the first half of the match.
We saw over 590 runs at the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium in the last game and we expect another good batting wicket with a par first innings score around 350.
Although England won the last ODI at this venue batting first, three of the last four and four of the last six have been won by the team who have fielded first. We predict that both captains will want to field first ahead of this game.
SA vs NED Team NEWS:
SA Team News:
There was one change announced by Temba Bavuma at the toss ahead of their win over Australia in Lucknow on Thursday with young pace bowler Gerald Coetzee coming out of the side and Tabraiz Shamsi coming in. We expect to see Coetzee again in the World Cup 2023 but not for this game.
NED Team News:
There was an ODI debut for the Netherlands ahead of their defeat to New Zealand in their last game with Sybrand Engelbrecht making his first appearance in this format. Ryan Klein also came in for his first World Cup appearance with Logan van Beek and Saqib Zulfiqar dropping out.
1.Quinton de Kock(WK)
2. Temba Bavuma(C)
3. Rassie van der-Dussen
4. Aiden Markram
5. Heinrich Klaasen(WK)
6. David Miller
7. Marco Jansen
8. Kagiso Rabada
9. Keshav Maharaj
10. Tabraiz Shamsi
11. Lungi Ngidi
2. Max O’Dowd
3. Colin Ackermann
4. Bas de Leede
5. Teja Nidamanuru
6. Scott Edwards(WK)(C)
7. Sybrand Engelbrecht
8. Roelof van der Merwe
9. Ryan Klein
10. Aryan Dutt
11. Paul van Meekeren
SA vs NED Team Combo:
SA Team Info –
- Quinton de Kock and Temba Bavuma will probably open the inning.
- Quinton de Kock is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Rassie van der-Dussen will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Aiden Markram and Heinrich Klaasen will handle the middle-order batting.
- Temba Bavuma will lead the South Africa as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Heinrich Klaasen will do the Wicket Keeping for South Africa.
- Aiden Markram and Keshav Maharaj will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Kagiso Rabada and Lungi Ngidi will lead the pace attack of his team.
NED Team Info –
- Vikramjit Singh and Max ODowd will probably open the inning.
- Colin Ackermann will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Colin Ackermann was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Bas de Leede and Teja Nidamanuru will handle the middle-order batting.
- Bas de Leede is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Scott Edwards will lead the Netherlands as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Scott Edwards will do the Wicket Keeping for Netherlands.
- Colin Ackermann and Aryan Dutt will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Colin Ackermann was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Paul van Meekeren and Ryan Klein will lead the pace attack of his team.
This game looks set to be a bit of a mis-match with South Africa playing brilliant cricket in this format over recent weeks and the Netherlands a few levels below the top sides in this tournament. South Africa are genuine contenders for this 2023 Cricket World Cup trophy and we do not expect the Netherlands to cause them too many problems. There could be moments with the openers when the Netherlands look impressive but they do not have the depth in their team. Our prediction is for a big win for South Africa.
SA vs NED Key Players:
Quinton de Kock
The left-handed keeper-batter has already hit two centuries in the tournament, racking up 209 runs from his opening two matches. His ODI century tally now stands at 19.
The 29 year old right-handed is another South African batter in brilliant form. He comes into this game with scores of 106 against Sri Lanka and 56 against Australia.
The right-arm fast bowler has been South Africa’s leader of the attack for many years. He still bowls with pace and accuracy, dismissing Steve Smith, Josh Inglis and Marcus Stoinis in the last match.
The tall left-arm pace bowling all-rounder has already picked up four wickets in the tournament and added 38 valuable runs with the bat. He is a top player who can influence a game with bat and ball.
the batting all-rounder top scored for the Netherlands against an impressive New Zealand bowling attack in the last match. He hit five fours in a careful and composed innings.
The skipper was the most fluent of the Netherlands’ batters in the last match and had a strike-rate of over 100 from the 27 balls he faced in the match.
The young off-spinner has been opening the bowling for the Netherlands so far in the tournament. He has impressed with his control and he sent down two maidens early on before picking up 2 wickets.
Roelof van der Merwe
The experienced left-arm spinner showed his quality by dismissing the in-form pair of Devon Conway and Rachin Ravindra in the last game.
SA vs NED Team Forms:
SA Team Form:
South Africa have won both of their games in the tournament by margins of over 100 runs and are in excellent form in this format.
NED Team Form:
The step up in quality has been evident and a little too much for the Netherlands so far in the tournament and they are looking to avoid their fourth successive ODI defeat in this match.
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
SA vs NED SQUAD:
South Africa (SA) Squad:
Quinton de Kock(WK), Temba Bavuma(C), Rassie van der-Dussen, Aiden Markram, Heinrich Klaasen(WK), David Miller, Marco Jansen, Kagiso Rabada, Keshav Maharaj, Tabraiz Shamsi, Lungi Ngidi, Lizaad Williams, Reeza Hendricks, Andile Phehlukwayo, Gerald Coetzee.
Netherlands (NED) Squad:
Vikramjit Singh, Max ODowd, Colin Ackermann, Bas de Leede, Teja Nidamanuru, Scott Edwards(WK)(C), Sybrand Engelbrecht, Roelof van der Merwe, Ryan Klein, Aryan Dutt, Paul van Meekeren, Kyle Klein, Noah Croes(WK), Wesley Barresi, Saqib Zulfiqar, Shariz Ahmad, Logan van Beek.
For Grand League & Our Final After Toss Updated Small League Teams, Please Download Android App from Play Store: Dwonload Nowhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=live.ipl.cricket_prediction