SA vs SL ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match Prediction
Match: South Africa vs Sri Lanka (SA vs SL)
Time: 07 Oct, 14:00 PM (IST)
Series:: ICC Men’s ODI Cricket World Cup Match
Venue: Arun Jaitley Stadium – New Delhi, India
W, W, W, L, L
L, W, L, W, W
SA vs SL Preview:
- Aiden Markram enters this tournament in exceptional form, solidifying his reputation as a formidable international batsman. The 29-year-old right-hander showcased his prowess with impressive innings of 102 not out and 93 in the recent 3-2 series triumph over Australia. Markram stands out as a strong contender to lead South Africa in run-scoring against Sri Lanka.
- On the other hand, the experienced left-arm wrist spinner, Tabraiz Shamsi, is poised to play a pivotal role for his team in this campaign. We strongly recommend considering Shamsi as South Africa’s primary wicket-taker in the upcoming match.
- Meanwhile, Kusal Mendis comes into this game riding a wave of brilliant form, establishing himself as Sri Lanka’s most reliable batter since June. Over the past four months, he has maintained an impressive average of 45.83 in ODIs, making him our top pick to be Sri Lanka’s highest run-scorer on Saturday.
- Matheesha Pathirana had a promising start in the 2023 Asia Cup, although his performance tapered off as the tournament progressed. Sri Lanka is likely to rely on his talents early in this competition, and we tip him as their leading wicket-taker in this upcoming match.
- Considering his remarkable track record, Aiden Markram, with a top score of 175 in this format, is expected to surpass the 29.5-run mark in this game..
Live Streaming of SA vs SL:
TV Channels: This game will be broadcast on Sky Cricket, Sky Sports AFG, Willow TV and Star Sports
Live Streaming: You can live-stream the match on Disney+ Hotstar and Sky Go.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The first half of this game will be played with the temperature in the low to mid-30s and the sun shining powerfully. Humdity will rise steadily throughout the match but should not make much of a difference to the game.
There is always good pace to work with at the Arun Jaitley Stadium and we expect to see more of the same in Delhi on Saturday. A par score will be over 350 on this pitch in this game.
Although the team batting second won the last ODI at this venue, the previous four were all won by the team batting first. We predict that both sides will want to bat first in this match.
SA vs SL Team NEWS:
SA Team News:
As Anrich Nortje is sidelined from the tournament due to injury, South Africa will depend on the seasoned skills of Kagiso Rabada and the youthful energy of Gerald Coetzee to spearhead their bowling attack in the 2023 World Cup. Fortunately, the squad heads into this game without any injury concerns.
SL Team News:
Chris Silverwood faces the challenging task of rejuvenating his team’s morale following their resounding defeat by India in the 2023 Asia Cup final. In the upcoming match, they will encounter yet another formidable bowling attack. Unfortunately, their challenge is compounded by the absence of spinner Wanindu Hasaranga, who is unavailable for the entire tournament due to an injury..
1.Quinton de Kock(WK)
2. Temba Bavuma(C)
3. Rassie van der-Dussen
4. Aiden Markram
5. Heinrich Klaasen(WK)
6. David Miller
7. Marco Jansen
8. Tabraiz Shamsi
9. Kagiso Rabada
10. Keshav Maharaj
11. Lungi Ngidi
2. Dimuth Karunaratne
3. Kusal Mendis(WK)
4. Sadeera Samarawickrama
5. Charith Asalanka
6. Dasun Shanaka(C)
7. Dhananjaya de Silva
8. Dunith Wellalage
9. Matheesha Pathirana
10. Kasun Rajitha
11. Maheesh Theekshana
Most pundits would have dismissed South Africa’s chances of challenging in this tournament four weeks ago but their turnaround against Australia has made many people think again. Likewise for Sri Lanka, who were on a long winning streak before suddenly losing their way towards the end of the 2023 Asia Cup. The winner of this match will be the side who are able to get to grips with the pace of the wicket. We expect that to be South Africa and we are backing them to win.
SA vs SL Key Players:
The right-handed stylish batter is playing some of his best cricket this year. He averages 35.42 across his career in ODIs but in 2023 alone he averages 64.11 in ODIs.
The middle order batter is another player who is having a remarkable 2023. An excellent finisher of an innings, the South African had a particularly impressive IPL earlier this year.
The pace bowler has taken a 5-wicket haul on two occasions in ODIs and he will enjoy the bounce and speed on offer from this venue.
The left-arm wrist spinner will always produce the odd hittable ball but within those spells he will also bowl plenty of unplayable deliveries to both right and left-handers.
The keeper-batter was already in strong form for Sri Lanka before he hit a remarkable 158 runs from 87 balls in the final warm-up game against Afghanistan on Tuesday.
The top order batter will be hoping that this tournament will see him produce regular scores for his country. He has a top score of 137 in ODIs.
The young left-arm spinner was the hero of the 2023 Asia Cup for Sri Lanka and now he will try to replicate his performances in this World Cup. Even the top batters struggle to keep him out.
The 20 year old right arm fast bowler with a distinctive action took a 3 wicket haul against Pakistan during the Super Fours of the 2023 Asia Cup and big things are expected.
SA vs SL Team Forms:
SA Team Form:
South Africa come into this match looking to record their fourth successive ODI victory after their fantastic comeback in the home ODI series against Australia.
SL Team Form:
Sri Lanka have been one of the best ODI sides across most of 2023 but they come into the tournament after defeats in two of their last three matches in this format.
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
SA vs SL SQUAD:
South Africa (SA) Squad:
Quinton de Kock(w), Reeza Hendricks, Temba Bavuma(c), Rassie van der Dussen, Aiden Markram, Heinrich Klaasen, Andile Phehlukwayo, David Miller, Marco Jansen, Gerald Coetzee, Keshav Maharaj, Lungi Ngidi, Lizaad Williams, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi
Sri Lanka (SL) Squad:
Pathum Nissanka, Dimuth Karunaratne, Kusal Mendis(w), Sadeera Samarawickrama, Charith Asalanka, Kusal Perera, Dhananjaya de Silva, Dasun Shanaka(c), Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara, Dunith Wellalage, Dushan Hemantha, Dilshan Madushanka, Matheesha Pathirana, Maheesh Theekshana
For Grand League & Our Final After Toss Updated Small League Teams, Please Download Android App from Play Store: Dwonload Nowhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=live.ipl.cricket_prediction